Programatically locating chart geometry

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Hydro, May 28, 2019.

1. Hydro

Hydro

A chart of course has a high and a low but I've been considering tactics to locate extremes in-between. I would need to specify some parameters regarding resolution which I guess would either be minimum required price movement or perhaps minimum time between events would be better, or a bit of both. Moving averages could smooth things out and make things easier in some ways but then precision is lost. This got me thinking about using a moving average to zone in on where extremes should be and then I would just need to iterate small sections of actual data to refine exact locations. This has been on my to-do list for awhile and I figured it was worth an ask vs. potentially going down a path of unnecessary complication or reinventing the wheel. Thank you.

2. userque

userque

Language/Platform?

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  3. Sprout

Sprout

Look into the ten case price geometry in the archives, it'll get you on a good foundation and the math is provided,...

GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  4. Hydro

Hydro

Looks really interesting, thanks!

5. 2rosy

2rosy

Solve for local extrema,critical points. Maybe can look for sign changes on up/down ticks

6. cafeole

cafeole

You might look fractals and see if you can find out how they are implemented.