Program or spreadsheet to view trade records with interactive brokers

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by danjuma, Sep 26, 2017.

1. danjuma

danjuma

Nothing with IB is ever straight forward! If you initiate a lot of positions daily, especially in forex, where your trades PnL is shown based on the base currency, trying to make heads or tails of your account statement derived from the IB account management page is a nightmare!

I just wonder, if by chance, there is a free program out there that automatically gets these data and display it in a very simple format - the winners, the losers, entry price, exit price, commissions and the PnL in your account base currency (in my case USD). I even tried to do it manually by downloading my statement in CSV and cut and paste the data into an excel sheet but the results of the PnL I was getting from my calculations were way out. Nothing to do with my formulae, just not clear how the trades have been recorded/displayed on the IB statement and thus which to include and which to leave out. Many thanks

Onra likes this.
  2. danjuma

danjuma

Okay, I think I have figured out a way to manually do this correctly. However, if there is a free program out there that automatically does it that anyone knows of, a mention will be most appreciated. Thanks!