Profits, religion and politics

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by jj_jere@hotmail, Dec 6, 2002.

1. stu

stu

Ahhh Trading. Such an eclectic mix of genteel folk.

Don't worry qdz.
    Southern Baptist will join in any way so long as they are provided with platform, any platform, somewhere, anywhere, to shout from.

That converting needs looking into. It could be a trading indicator or some kind of edge. I bet the knowledgeable in ET will know. This may spawn a few hundred pages of amazingly unimaginably insignificant reading

#21     Dec 7, 2002
  2. Isn't it great

#22     Dec 7, 2002
  3. stu

stu

YES ! :D

#23     Dec 7, 2002
  4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the "non-religious masses" life revolves around copulation, so wouldn't f@#$%ing religious people be an attempt to "convert" them?

#24     Dec 7, 2002
  5. qdz

qdz

F#$%ing ain't converting.

:p

#25     Dec 7, 2002
  6. Well, since we're traders that play by the percentages, I think its only fair that I contribute the hundreds of times I prayed or made a donation and nothing saved my pathetic ass.

#26     Dec 7, 2002
  7. qdz

qdz

F#$%ing means leaving them alone and let them F#$% each other and destroy each other.

:p

#27     Dec 7, 2002
  8. That's not what I meant, i said "attempt". Just like talking to a non-religions person about Jesus probably won't make him a Christian, f#$%ing a religious person won't make him a hedonist pig. But there is always a chance, and if non-religious people aren't aware of the fact that f#$%ing religious people is just as much an attempt at conversion as preaching, then they are just not as self-aware as the religious guys.

#28     Dec 7, 2002
  9. stu

stu

It could be fun though

#29     Dec 7, 2002
  10. Ditto! But maybe that's because I'm not Jewish. Jews seem to be the ones whose faith gets rewarded in this world. They have killed off or crippled lots of enemies throughout the history of their people and are still more than adequate at it, whereas Jesus and his followers did not achieve much more than being tortured to death.

#30     Dec 7, 2002