Profitable Trading Ideas

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wilburbear, Oct 2, 2006.

1. What to do with a profitable trading idea, to ensure that the originator of the idea gets the most out of it? I discovered an idea which was almost a straight arb, a structural thing, but not obvious. It's now a cottage industry in a certain field of trading (no, I'm not gonna say what it is). The guy who cleared my trades saw it, and started to teach it to people who walked in the door, to get the commissions. Goodbye to him, and I've since informed many of his clients of lower commissions elsewhere.

Now, if i see other things, what to do? A clearing firm wants to get the idea in it's own hands, so they will swear it's safe to trade it - but will never sign a legal document saying so! Piss off. Then again, they want something because i'll just go down the street to their competitor, who might want to participate in the commissions and get a small piece of the profits which will encourage them not to share the idea. Nobody wants to let money walk out the front door. Or, are there reliable firms which take ideas and develop them as far as they go?

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am not an expert on arb, but how about using 2-3 different brokerages for the different sides? Then one broker only see one side....

3. Just treat it as UNCLE vs THRUSH and be deceptive. Use multiple brokerages. Place decoy orders. Make it unclear what you're doing and where you're doing it.