Profitable traders:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Big_M_Surfer, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ilganzo

ilganzo

Assuming you're daytrading, current market conditions sets the bar very high so if you've been profitable for the last 6 months you can congratulate yourself. I've been trading for almost a year and it's only over the last 3 months that I had some profits but my risk/reward (and that of the guys in my office) remains at a ridicoulous high level, also given my commission rate. That's another factor you want to consider. If you're on the edge of being profitable every month, then a high commission rate might prevent you from sizing up and make real money.

Trading is basically two things, knowledge and psychology. The time it's going to take to become profitable is relative to those variables, knowing that once you have the first one, knowledge, it will be easier to work on the second one.

#11     Feb 9, 2006
  2. Boib

Boib

Right at the bottom of your personal web page where it says
    " did you really like my webpage? Good... now send me money ===>"

Great web site.:D

#12     Feb 9, 2006
  3. Boib

Boib

How's that working? I imagine the cash is just rolling in.

#13     Feb 9, 2006
  4. Perhaps if you were to stand at a busy intersection with a cup while professing your market acumen...

#14     Feb 9, 2006
  5. saxman

saxman

it took me 4 months to get to the point where i made money every week. i had traded part-time for a year before that, but was completly different than trading in front of screen. about 4 months in to full-time trading i guess u can say i figured out my style. now it is just about constantly learning and becoming better.

i will also say that i spent about 12-14 hours a day on trading, as well as a good part of most weekends. anyone that thinks ur gonna work 2 hours a day at this and make tons of money will have a rude awakening.

#15     Feb 9, 2006
  6. coolweb: You seem to know everything from swingtrade/position trader to daytraders. I agree with day traders you need minimum 4 months of learning.

#16     Feb 9, 2006