Profitable trader trade-log. After years.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Oh it would have been a lot more had I not had my ass handed to me for the past 3 years. I lost in futures, I lost in stocks, I lost in daytrading until the final 2 months. But by that time I needed a leg up. Options gave me that, plus I didn't have to watch the market every day.

Yup that's exactly what i'm going to do. Actually, I know how the market moves and why. The market does the same thing over and over and moves in a certain way about 70-80% of the time. I use 4 types of S&R to gauge this. IF that ever fails for me, I just go back to fundamentals which are extremely reliable for me due to only 3-5% of stocks qualifying. The problem with that is it pretty much only works in bull markets. Someone in the market wizards book used nearly the exact same method as I do. When asked about stops he said he simply doesn't need them. I knew exactly what he was talking about. It's true, but the strategy is a PITA in bear markets. It's still profitable though.

176 trades. What's going to happen in the next 176 trades? I don't know either. My guess is the same that happened the first 176.

#21     Dec 23, 2008
  2. Thanks. I appreciate it. You're right though. I put myself in their shoes and it's not a huge deal. We'll see though :) At least I'll hopefully be doing what I enjoy.

#22     Dec 23, 2008
  3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

if you are looking for a job as an 'equity research' then your street hustling daytrading experience is pretty much useless to these research side of the business.

these firms receive hundreds of applications from colleges. they also look at your connections which has nothing to do with your skills or gpa.

#23     Dec 23, 2008
  4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

man at 23 years old your a veteran hustling in the street.

this gig of trading your account and own money is like hustling.

most dudes quit this gig after a few years an get real job and real business and trade on the sideline business.

the ones who stay in this business for the long run start their own hedge fund or get clients.

#24     Dec 23, 2008
  5. Sweet. Hedge is workin. I told a few ppl I was doing this and they looked at me like I was stupid. Kinda nerdy, but 1.70 gas is nice.

#25     Jan 5, 2009
  6. I don't have any of those. Family's kinda broke :) hah

#26     Jan 5, 2009
  7. lol Still in the hobby stage I guess ;)

#27     Jan 5, 2009
  8. Mr. EB

Mr. EB

Keep at it Athlon. You remind me myself many many years ago when I was in college.

All the advice I have to give is nothing is free in life, you have to WORK HARD (harder than the next guy), have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and information (read everything you can get your hands on, industry periodicals, blogs, websites, investing books, etc.), and don't gamble. Simply only do an investment if you have a clear and rational thesis. If you are just randomly emotionally putting trades on, you will blow up.

Good luck and wish you the best.

#28     Jan 6, 2009