Profitable trader trade-log. After years.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Dec 23, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

800$ and your f'ing blowing your horn here?Are you frikkin kidding me?And 3 months?And u think people owe you recognition...you are deluded...sorry but you have no biz in this biz if you think doubling 800$ is some kind of achievement and gateway to big time trading like you think.You have no idea what it is to trade 5 figure let alone 6 figure positions....Try losing 10k or 50k in a short period and then make it back...That would be a test of your skill not friggin 800 bucks man.

This is ridiculous.

#11     Dec 23, 2008
  2. bespoke

bespoke

i'm not sure if this thread is supposed to be a joke or not.....

you meant 130% on 800 thousand right?

#12     Dec 23, 2008
  3. rosy2

rosy2

domt send your resume to HR. they do other things. you have to send to the hiring manager of the group you want to join, someone in the firm, or go through a headhunter. HR is a bottomless pit.

#13     Dec 23, 2008
  4. Commissions so far has equaled about 1/2 my profits ($539)

#14     Dec 23, 2008
  5. lol 3-4 years as a college student, I lost about 6 grand daytrading. I paid for tuition through working and had enough saved up over the summer again to go at it. All I had in the bank I put down 800 and sent it to 2200. It's come back down about 15%. Changing accounts right now for cheaper commissions.

No one owes me anything. That's the point. Is this game eve worth it? What do you want out of trading?

You post a friggin trading log on here. have learned a TON these last few years. Day in and day out i've done this crap. None of you guys really owe me anything. I came here for advice on my situation.

#15     Dec 23, 2008
  6. Right but he's a college student. Cut the kid some slack.

#16     Dec 23, 2008
  7. Dude, you could solve world hunger and someone will criticize you for it. Just keep doing what you're doing and remember, the slower you go the faster you'll get there.

#17     Dec 23, 2008
  8. atonix

atonix

Edit: On further thought, I'm fairly sure I'm misreading your record.

(Most of this assumes that I'm reading your record correctly.. I'm taking that the $ amount shown is the total P/L for the trade, so cumulated, would be your final P/L. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding.)

* snip *

To answer your GPA question: If you interview well and have a decent resume, you should be fine.

#18     Dec 23, 2008
  9. bespoke

bespoke

so you're gonna present a company your track record for the past few months but disregard the rest from the past 4 years? lol.

this is why a few months means nothing

people are so easily fooled by randomness

#19     Dec 23, 2008
  10. nebulous

nebulous

Don't sweat being cut by one hr department. IMHO you want to express that you've been trading and have a positive track record in your cover letter. Probably best to use your positive record is a demonstration of your interest and commitment.

Your results have been good lately - congratulations for that - but as someone else expressed, boasting too loudly about turning 130% on $800 is not going to get you taken seriously on a trading desk. You have to show humility, that you understand that there's difference between turning 100+% on 1k and 1mm and that a 3-4 month track record isn't very long.

You also need to remember your audience. If you're applying at intitutional managers or retail brokerage then you can talk down day trading. If you're applying to ibanks or prop firms, then I wouldn't recommend slagging day trading - where do you think the biggest and most successful day traders are....

Hope this didn't come off negative. Hope some of its helpful. Good luck in the job hunt.

#20     Dec 23, 2008