Profitable, professional options traders

Discussion in 'Options' started by testedout, Jul 28, 2011.

1. testedout

testedout

What books do you recommend?

2. spindr0

spindr0

I recommend "Profitable, Professional Option Trading" by Elite Trading Press.

3. I recommend "Trading Long Straddles" by falconview (with additional commentary from forexforex).

Careful though, it's 5,000 pages and there's no ending.

4. Crispy

Crispy

mccmillan

5. KPS21

KPS21

I haven't looked through option trading books lately, but here goes:

Volatility Trading by Euan Sinclair is very good, but a reader would benefit from having a foundation first.

Natenberg's book, while certainly dated, still has some value due to its point-of-view. The theme of the book is understanding the relationship between the strikes and the term structure in a very intuitive way. For some, the book will be too simple. But it's probably a mistake for many people to skip this level.

6. KPS21

KPS21

Since the title of this thread is: "Profitable, professional options traders",

I forgot to mention in the last post: Most professional options traders don't learn the skills/trade from a book. They have been taught, either in a specially designed program for new recruits at their firm/bank - or personally, by another individual professional trader. In some cases, both.

It just occurred to me, actually - I don't know any professional options traders who learned from a book or collection of books. I'm sure there are some out there, though.

7. sle

sle

Maybe you're right and I should write a book like that...

8. I'll be the first in line at my nearest bookshop...

9. testedout

testedout

KPS21:

Thanks that helps a lot. Any info on finding a mentor?

I doubt most are interested in spending their time with that...

#10     Jul 29, 2011