Profitable ES Daytrading Style Survey

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by pretzel, May 14, 2003.

1. I didn't see my category in the poll...

5. Trade with the trend after reversing from the prior trend (none or very little consolidation in between).

Yes

Sometimes called Trend Reversal traders (don't get this confused with top and bottom pickers).

NihabaAshi

#11     May 17, 2003
  2. pretzel

pretzel

This is the hard part. How do you know that your entry point is a true trend reversal or just a retracement (point 3 or C wave)?

pretzel

#12     May 17, 2003
  3. pretzel,

That's a very good question and there are ways to avoid trouble regardless if a trader is aware of waves or not.

pretz...I'm not very knowledgable (I don't spend as much time with EW as I want to) of Elliott Wave stuff although I do understand basic concepts about it.

Yet...that's what stop/loss protection is for...when I'm wrong.

NihabaAshi

#13     May 17, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Put in its simplest terms, if you're shorting a lower high, you are more likely to be entering a reversal, particularly if the uptrendline has been broken or will be broken by your entry.

#14     May 17, 2003
  5. NihabAshi,

Can you explain the difference between what you do Trend Reversal Traders and picking bottom or tops.

Thanks,

#15     May 17, 2003
  6. pretzel

pretzel

That should be a good entry point, but I think what NihabaAshi had in mind is an earlier entry (right after turning down from the first high) .

pretzel

#16     May 18, 2003
  7. pretzel

pretzel

What happened to the URL in your signature?

pretzel

#17     May 18, 2003