Profit split Prop Shop

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dodobird4545, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Anyone know a prop firm that actually fully backs a trader with good track records?

If anyone is looking/working/owns one please let me know if it's any good.

Looking for a real investment in my trading not a 5k drawdown.

I've looked at First NY Securities and they were okay.... any other suggestions?

2. If you are so good whats 5k? Its a drop in a bucket, i make that on a good day, no problem of risking that into a prop firm if i felt i was getting a better deal than I am currently.

3. cstfx

cstfx

I think this statement alone says volumes about how he views the prop industry. This guy sounds like someone who was let go from an ib desk and he thinks prop is, shall we say, less than proper and thinks everyone associated with it has a certain stench. To say that FSNY is just Ok, when they are considered one of the top tier firms, says alot about how he views this end of the business.

4. cstfx

cstfx

If you say so, then it must be true.

5. timcar

timcar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from dodobird4545:

Wrong again, actually I am currently a prop trader for a large IB. Only difference is I trade Nat Gas and my BP has 9 zeroes after it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where does DODObird say the above in this thread ???????

6. Use the search function.

7. So many haters it's unbelievable..... it's great that nobody wants to help anyone in here. All I see on the site is people who waste there time with condecending answers instead of doing what the site was meant for and lending a hand. If anyone would like to actually offer some advice I would be more than happy to listen.

8. My guess is cstfx is probably in his mid thirties and living month to month just trying to scrape out some money to pay for his rental in jersey or Upper East side. Just makes enough money each month so he doesn't have to move back to his parents house at 40.