Profit from fraud @WCOM

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lojze, Jun 26, 2002.

1. lojze

lojze

Did anybody profit based on professional approach to trading WCOM in last few days?

Was it possible at all?

Lojze

2. But no one will today. It was halted from trading before the open.

3. stevet

stevet

Anyone who really profited had inside information - the reality is that - at least in the short term - that it is hard to short a stock - because most of the time - you have "dumb" money against you - which will stop you out

You might have had a short position in WCON if it had shown a technical bias that way, but you would not have expected to hit paydirt - but there are a bunch more of these to come - and you can be sure any Anderson audited companies are going to be strong short opportunities - even if they have a few billion in cash in the bank!

4. lojze

lojze

"any Anderson audited companies are going to be strong short opportunities - even if they have a few billion in cash in the bank!"

Really wise answer Stevet.

Is there any list available?

Lojze

5. Anybody an informed guess when trading will resume?

6. anybody knows when trading will resume???
    but some @ 0.12 cents this morning... hope i can double up @ 0.06 he he ;-)

7. I made $ of WCOM monday and tuesday...

No, I dont have inside info....
    Yes, I have a bullet on WCOM....
    No, I dont hold overnight....
    Yes, I made a lot of that money on negative passthroughs....
    No, I did not lose $ gross...

I will have you know that many traders at my firm made over 100k US during the month of May trading WCOM. Obviously this is over, but all are good with many other Naz stocks

8. VOLUME

VOLUME

Do you trade at Tradescape? ( Using LSPD)? Thanks

9. No I dont trade at Tradescape....I trade at SwiftTrade...INCA, ISB, LSPD, ARCA, ATTN :)mad: )

10. Plenty of $$$$$ made (not by me) Tuesday night as WCON traded from 80 cents , plenty at 50-45, then closed at 20 cents.

You had to be around at 6:30 and have short availability.

#10     Jun 26, 2002