Professional Trading Tour

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Don Bright, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Well, at least you'd find out who some of the people behind the acronyms are!

#41     Aug 12, 2003
  2. xtrader

xtrader

Get many opinions OUTSIDE of the presenters at this seminar before making any career decisions.

1. You will be presented with many of the positives and few of the negatives.

2. Its not just about not losing money. Its about the cost of not having income until you actually become profitable. What is your lost employment cost over the course of 12-36 months?

3. The so-called "secrets" of trading lie within your ability to LEARN on your own and EXECUTE on your own. All (and I do mean all) trading methods disclosed will require your competence.

Good luck, it is swimming with the sharks in the prop trading business.

#42     Aug 12, 2003
  3. We'll be doing the radio show live from the show. I'll put on some ET'ers if they like........

Don

:)

#43     Aug 12, 2003
  4. A lot of what you say is true, that is why I want to show some of the "successful minority" those traders who aren't handicapped by negatism. Just like any business, only a few survive. Why not go after the "Franchise Shows" who have a much worse survival rate (and they charge you money up front, which is gone).

Trading is not for everyone, as with most business ventures. But since there are "no jobs" trading presents an alternative,

Don

#44     Aug 12, 2003
  5. seisan

seisan

Don,

Given that certain special notoriety that you've "earned" educating ET'ers with your Opening Orders thread, are OO presentations planned for both Tour days separate from OO questions that are bound to come up in the informal discussions?

Just know that the Tour attendees are going to want to hear firsthand what you and other BT'ers and ET'ers are tweakin' to continue makin' money tradin' 'em in the current market. :D

#45     Aug 12, 2003
  6. seisan

seisan

It was pretty easy, actually... :cool:

In fact, the hard part was chipping my credit card out of the ice in
    my freezer... :(

The savvy Babe who took my order on the toll-free Professional Trading Tour number said that she herself is going, AND also staying at the Anaheim Hilton. :)
    And taking her kids.... :(
    Oh yeah, Disneyland and all....

Now all I've got to do is jot down some REAL challenging trading
    questions to ask the serious trader and vendor presenters.... :D
    Yeah!

#46     Aug 12, 2003
  7. A bit too late for me to make it to Cali., but if you guys ever bring the tour to Chicago, I'll definitely be attending.

-FastTrader

#47     Aug 12, 2003
  8. raszorz

raszorz Guest

A trader-hacker! AKA a TRACKER!

#48     Aug 12, 2003
  9. seisan

seisan

Do I understand that Hedge Fund managers to also be at the
    Tour?

Hearing how they maneuver in the market would be of interest...
    :)

#49     Aug 12, 2003
  10. seisan

seisan

I meant hedge fund managers more as "traders" which for the most part they are.

The implication being that as a rule hedge fund traders trade more "size" than individual traders.

So again, it would be interesting to hear hedge fund traders' strategies, and to what degree that they differ/share likeness to say, Bob Bright's techniques on trading size.

Or for that matter, Tammy Bright, who has been making REALLY big sized trades these days.

#50     Aug 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.