Professional Trader/Investor

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradersboredom, Jan 5, 2009.

1. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

Who is a 'professional' trader/investor here on ET and accepting client accounts?

2. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

a good traders is like good doctor, too many patients/clients/customers not accepting anymore clients.

3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

what do you do if you go on vacation or retire from the 'business'. do you hire a professional trader to trade your account.

4. I think most are loosing their clients or loosing a bulk of their "assets under managment".

5. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

individual client account management. not hedge/mutual funds.

if a trader has more than 10 clients trading futures they need to be registered

6. Thanks for the heads up on regulations. I'm in the industry so I understand the rules/regs. My point is, regardless if your a hedgefund, Stock Broker, "Trader for a private client group", you are seeing record withdrawls if your dealing with "Equities"or Futures.

7. jmoo

jmoo

Who wouldn't "accept" new clients.... you then have the choice to reject them if they don't fit the pie before signing them on.

I know a guy who has 600 million under management and he "accepts" new clients. Thats how he got there.

8. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

but he is so big, you'll need a min. of $500,000 account size and your account won't be managed by him personally.