Professional Trader - Ask your questions here for the next few days...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what factors contributed to your success as a trader? Did you have a mentor or are you a self made trader? what advice would you give younger generation traders to have a higher probability chance of success? what homework do after the market has closed for the day? Thanks

#11     Aug 5, 2009
  2. aradiel

aradiel

What do you think about guys like Steve Cohen? Do you feel he is a scam or that he will blow up sooner or later? Btw, please dont spoil this thread with your apocalystic bias, thank you.

#12     Aug 5, 2009
  3. Good thread and thanks for sharing. How did your first 5 years go and what were the major reasons why you were not successful?
    Did you have a mentor or were you self taught?

#13     Aug 5, 2009
  4. AyeYo

AyeYo

Wow... so many questions already. I'd be happy just to see your answers to others' questions.

#14     Aug 5, 2009
  5. I wasn't trying to spoil the thread; those were legitimate questions that I'd really like to hear a response to from someone who is an alleged career trader (I'm not insinuating he's not; just taking him at his word).

And yes, I do think it's inevitable that Steve Cohen (or should I say SAC Capital, as they are a sum of moving parts there) will inevitably blow up, but no, I have not heard or read or learned anything to indicate that he or his firm is a "scam."

#15     Aug 5, 2009
  6. aradiel

aradiel

Thank you for the straight answer.

#16     Aug 5, 2009
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

What platform do you use and have you tried a few?

#17     Aug 5, 2009
  8. Learn to post right image, can't read your picture files at all. At least, i can't read thumbnail image.

#18     Aug 5, 2009
  9. Eight

Eight

Trading is usually slow from July to when?? Mid-September maybe?

Currently, I can pull some [simulated] money out of the YM on intraday trends when we have news that shakes things up a little but not on days with no news... after activity picks up in the fall will the trends be like they are on a good day now, but all the time?

#19     Aug 5, 2009
  10. 1. How long did it take you to consider trading to be your full time job?

2. In your opinion, what is the number one reason most traders fail?

3. What is your home setup like? Picture would be swell, but a description would also be interesting.

Thanks.

#20     Aug 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.