Professional Trader - Ask your questions here for the next few days...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another trader (gnome I believe) did something similar, and I thought it was exceptionally beneficial to many.

So here's my contribution back to ET, since it was one contributor of very many contributors to my success back in the day.

History - I started trading 16 years ago. I began trading professionally and somewhat consistently profitable 11 years ago. I began trading much more consistently as well as managing money several years ago. I've always traded at home and still do.

I trade futures and futures options primarily - ES, NQ, and TF.

I won't answer questions that are personal or that I feel don't have any trading educational value.

I'll answer as many questions as I can in the next few days or when interest wanes whichever comes first. Then I'll have to close it, as I don't have that much free time.

I don't know everything, but I'll do my best to answer questions. So feel free to pick my brain & experience in this thread.

Some require "proof" and this is as much as I will provide - a snippet of my personal H1 2009 statement.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. I hope these are not too naive:

What is your average profit to stop ratio (R:R)?
    What is your PF?
    What is your success win%? (in general)

Thanks!

3. Do you use volume in your trading? If yes, how so? TIA

4. Do you use commonly found technical indicators?

Do you prefer a smaller time frame, larger time frame or use multiple time frames?

Thanks.

5. aradiel

aradiel

Analisys / Money Management / Psycology

What is the relative importance of each aspect above mentioned to make a trade? (For example: 1/3, 1/3, 1/3)

6. Stok

Stok

Curious about what option strategy(s) you implement? And, what time frame are you doing your futures trading (intra-day, swing, etc)?

7. How big was your account when you got started and currently what % of your account do you risk per trade?

8. Is it possible to make consistent profits, and by the time you retire from trading, be net positive, and avoid committing suicide like Livermore and others?

Is it true that the surest way to make a small fortune trading is to start with a large one?

Isn't is the case that the only way you can make money over the long term, and not lose one's ass, is to trade (and lose) other peoples' money?

Thanks.

9. lynx

lynx

Hi, thanks for offering to help.

I've got a few questions please.

1. What role do futures options play in your overall method? What percentage of your profits do they account for?

2. What's your basic approach to futures options?

3. Do you trade a mechanical system, a discretionary system based on visual setups, or something less quantifiable?

4. How often do your methods fail you and have to be re-invented?

5. What were the big insights and personal changes that let to your becoming profitable.

And of course I'll be happy to hear all about your systems in much detail as you'd care to give. :D

Thanks!

10. aradiel

aradiel

edit

#10     Aug 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.