Professional profits

Discussion in 'Forex' started by drasfs, Oct 19, 2006.

1. I believe most professional/ experienced FX traders would only apply adequate leveregae to a system that has been proved with very robust, reliable and consistent performance. Just my 2 cents.

#31     Oct 29, 2006
  2. The question is, do funds generally raise leverage as opportunities decrease or increase? Do they play safer when a good performance can be locked, or go for the home run? Or do they do the opposite and get more desperate as opportunities shrink and they try to maintain past performance?

#32     Oct 30, 2006
  3. I think they should strcitly follow their original plans except certain well-tested improvements, otherwise who knows what will happen to them?

#33     Oct 30, 2006
  4. Do you believe that some traders would mix up practical reality with visual delution? :confused:

#34     Oct 30, 2006
  5. Is 15% the norm for Pro FX traders? It is not very impressive.

#35     Oct 30, 2006
  6. FXPimp

FXPimp

You are a tough customer. 15% return/month is very, very good in the managed world. Remember, that on a 100:1 account that is 150% return/month. Fund managers dont go for the home run anyway, they just plug away. And truthfully, no funds want to show a huge number in a month like 50%. It gives potential customers the wrong idea and too high expectations. Generally speaking, a fund that has a track record of a few % a month are going to make investors more comfortable than one that has a potentially eratic pattern with a few huge months. Clients like stable and steady. Throughout this thread, I have been referring to "funds" or managed accounts, and not individual, professional fx traders.

#36     Oct 30, 2006
  7. And when comparing returns you should always factor the risk needed to get them. 100% for 100% or 2% for 1% ?? ;)

#37     Nov 2, 2006