Professional Margin rates of 10-1

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rtharp, Dec 1, 2000.

1. I just wanted to set the record straight on Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC. Lieber & Weissman,Bright,Van Buren and several other firms offer leverage on capital,Broker Dealer margin on overnight positions and services for professional traders. A Series 7 license is required for membership in these firms. Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC was formed in 1996 and has a national reputation for providing quality trader services.
    Lieber & Weissman rates start at .03 cents per share and go down to .015 cents a share(volume discount)-all ECN and MM fees included-no hidden fees. REDI+, ROX and REDIFIX(Fix protocol-connection to REDI in C++) is available over the Internet or private network(WAN).I would
    suggest traders go to Don Johnsons report on Daytrading Brokers at http://www.sonic.net/donaldj/ -Special Report on Daytrading Brokers. Our rates
    and information are discussed under Stocktrade Network(Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC). Leverage professional firms
    usually only take full time professioanl traders. Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC is a professional trading firm , we do not solicit customer accounts.

Gene Weissman
    Managing Member
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC
    Members PHLX/SIPC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net
    (800)261-9557 Ext. 412

#11     Dec 14, 2000
  2. wshi88

wshi88

Gene,

do you mean $0.03 per share, not 0.03 CENT per share?

#12     Dec 14, 2000
  3. Our rates are $.03 down to $.015 cents a share. At our highest rate 500 shares would be $15.00. At our lowest rate
    500 shares would be $7.50-no ticket,ECN or MM fees. Commission rates alone should not be the only factor in
    selecting a direct access brokerage firm. Since leveraged
    firms require a higher degree of risk management expertise,
    traders may want to know how long a firm is in business ,
    firms clearing broker and references from the broker(traders currently trading at the firm). Our risk management
    dept. is run by former stock & option market makers . My
    bio is at http://www.electronicdaytrader.com/bio.htm . I would
    like to caution all traders on overleveraging in stocks.
    5 to 1 leverage is the max I would recommend in any one stock for daytrading. Trading at higher leverage increase
    gains as well as loses. See Lieber & Weissman hedged position requirements at: http://www.stocktrade.net/services/portf_hedging/hedg_requir.htm

Professional margin parameters are from SEC/PHLX guidelines . These margin requirements are for licensed professional traders and are not for customer accounts.
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC is a professional trading firm , we do not solicit customer accounts.

Gene Weissman
    Managing Member
    Members PHLX/SIPC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

See our web site at http://www.stocktrade.net

#13     Dec 15, 2000
  4. Hello Gene,

I have a question :
    Do you know whether non-us citizens can apply for a series 7 license ?

regards &

#14     Dec 15, 2000
  5. Anyone can take a Series 7 exam providing the firms
    Self-Regulatory Org.(SRO) approves you to take the test.
    To be sponsored for the Series 7 test at Lieber & Weissman Sec., LLC , you would need to fill out a U-4 and U-10 forms
    and return them back to the firm. Disqualification from taking the test could be a criminal record for a felony or
    fraud. All Series 7 candidates must be sponsored by a
    broker , you cannot apply for the test yourself. The test
    is given in the US,Canada and I believe the U.K. Candidates
    take the test(multiple choice) on a computer terminal at
    a Procter testing center in your area.

Gene Weissman
    Members PHLX/SIPC
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

See us at http://www.stocktrade.net

#15     Dec 15, 2000
  6. Gene,

Thanks a lot for your explanations.
    Appreciate your fast reply.

#16     Dec 15, 2000
  7. lexoo76

lexoo76

rtharp,

I was wondering how your progress was coming along with opening a new account with ecohonline? The reason I'm asking is that mabe in the future I might also open an account with them. I'm still waiting to see if any other brokers can beat a commision of .0125 per share before I make a final decision.

Also, I have not yet had the opportunity to contact them to find out there cost for data feeds, but a previous post revealed that it was 300 dollars a month? Now my question would be is that for the quote service of my choice or for there own feeds. Do you know if that price is for my choice of feeds or is there different prices for the different data feeds.

lex//

#17     Jan 20, 2001
  8. "do you really need 50k to trade nasdaq"
    Well, I won't comment on what I think but Bright also
    ask you to post $50k - it seems to be the magic number.
    Now if you really good they will let you slide in with
    45k, they tell me.
    Seriously these rules stemmed from the days of 600 dollar
    stocks and movements of 70 point a day - the good old days.
    nasdaq order entry for Bright is redi+, it may have had traps where you just can't get out of an inactive stock.
    They quoted YAHOO (remeber when in was in 200 range) as
    a shit stock to trade, roach motel...

#18     Jan 21, 2001
  9. lexoo76

lexoo76

andrasnm,

The thing with bright is that they charge 600$ just to get a data feed in there office. Now if it was something like 300$ a month I might reconsider, but 600$, man that just dosen't sound right.

Now ecohonline on the other hand, to what I've read on this thread is what, like 300$ and they charge the same as bright. Another question I will have for them is that how much will the charge for ECN pass though fee's?

lex//

#19     Jan 21, 2001
  10. I'm up and running fully with Echo now. I've made arrangements with them to get a southern California presence here in San Diego.

THe $300 includes data feed fee's to answer a previous question.

I used to know Jeff (one of the managers) when I was at the Chicago Board of Trade so it is a great match. There is a lot of freedom.

I've learned a lot about all of the LLC's out there. I shouldn't post the negatives here but if you want email me and I'll tell you more. robtharp@home.com

Robert Tharp

#20     Jan 21, 2001