Professional firms in Europe

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by B.Willis, Feb 11, 2002.

1. dll

dll

2. lojze

lojze

How about trading in prop' firms online out of Europe?
    Is this possible?

Lojze

#42     Jun 3, 2002
  3. We have traders in Europe....send me a PM with some information about yourself (which country you are in, etc.) and I can give you more information.

Don

#43     Jun 3, 2002
  4. just21

just21

mostly in london but one in puerto banus, spain! puerto banus rocks.

Trading Bureaux
    Since the introduction of LIFFE CONNECT™ there has been an increase in the number of LIFFE members providing trading access to independent traders from Trading Bureaux. Trading Bureaux allow traders, regardless of annual volumes, to access the LIFFE market without the involvement of costs that would be prohibitive to independent traders in centres in the UK and Continental Europe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [ back]

The Candlestick Trading Company Ltd.
    Curvalue UK Ltd.
    Fortis Clearing London Ltd.
    GH Financials Ltd.
    Global Direct Dealing (Professional) Ltd.
    The Kyte Group Ltd.
    Macfutures Ltd.
    OnScreen Trading
    SeagrayMatthews S.L.
    Sequoia Capital Ltd.
    Syntrium Ltd.
    Trading Connections Ltd.

If you have any further questions, please contact trading.bureaux@liffe.com

#44     Jun 3, 2002
  5. lojze

lojze

Is there any rating of european prop. firms available?

Lojze

#45     Jun 4, 2002
  6. alain

alain

be very selective when choosing european firms. I only know about Global Direct Dealing... and as much as I know is to be careful with them.

#46     Jun 5, 2002
  7. lojze

lojze

What for needs to be careful when dealing with prop's?

Where are possible problems?

Best regards

Lojze

#47     Jun 6, 2002
  8. alain

alain

I have some concern about how serious they are... I just know about GDD that they have some mestirious background or at least some of it's managers. That's what traders here in switzerland are talking about and they are offering lower commisions than IB for Futures trading. Which we don't understand how that can be done...

#48     Jun 6, 2002
  9. stevet

stevet

alain

gdd are not a prop firm - they are brokers - and what are your concerns and what are the mysteries?

gdd are not "cheaper" than IB - they just have a different business model which offers the same lower rates for high volume that everyone else offers

but what do you know about them?

#49     Jun 6, 2002
  10. This London based firm is somehow affiliated with the US based Momentum Securities. Momentum is now described as a "Tradescape Corp., company.." on their web page. Tradescape was acquired by E-trade not long ago in their bid to access the super high volume trading commission business.

here is their web address: www.dealingedge.co.uk

I met with the principal of Tradescape NY about 18 months ago. They seemed to be a pretty real operation then, other than that I don't know much else.

#50     Jun 7, 2002