Professional feeds/software (i.e. Bloomberg, Reuters, CQG)?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MarketWatcher, Jul 10, 2003.

1. IQfeed,

I read the following statement on the website of ProphetX
    Does this feature include customized instruments computed or analyzed in excel that can be updated via dde links?

#41     Jul 18, 2003
  2. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

This feature is available only on the local network server solution (not the Internet version of ProphetX). You create a synthetic symbol in Excel, then using a tool publish it to your local server. The server then makes the data available to the clients using that server (thus, it is available in charts, quotes, DDE back to Excel, etc).

Jay Froscheiser
    DTN Market Access, LLC.

#42     Jul 18, 2003
  3. azzie

azzie

Please guys, give me a break.

I have wondered a long time how these data providers attract rookie traders with their sky-high monthly rates.

Bottom line: a good old-timer can make a lot of moolah regardless of whether he is paying $10 per month for a service or $2000 for various high-end data providers.

I use Quotetracker (I pay the monthly fee of $7 just for sympathy) and I bet my gain %-wise exceeds that of 99.9% of the members of this forum.

Data provison means squat, if you're good you make money even off the delayed Yahoo Quote, if you suck, you can sit behind Bloomberg terminal 8h a day and still got to bed with a loss.

#43     Jul 19, 2003
  4. fabrizio

fabrizio

Azzie.......

You sound really wise.

Ah .... you forget to add a 2.8 baud hayes modem : I can give 5 bucks if someone takes it off from my basement. Wiser than that.

Besides all I can agree with you only on the point that that 2/3 "stress " and utilze the full power of the tools by their 30% (maybe).

But that is the same when you buy a Ducati 999 or even a good BMW 320: are you good enough to use it at its limit not in an highway , but in a bend to bend mountain course or in track?

So why bother? you may say. To go from here to there you just need 4 wheels and an engine....who gives a damm to all the others chichi frills like AC, ABS, Belts, Cruise C. engine check, ASR, Airbags, ........right?

Cordially

#44     Jul 21, 2003