Professional emini trader mentor wanted!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by pastalady, Aug 3, 2009.

1. All this quote are from Biz... :

"you are probably a small time trader pulling in 100 bucks a day"

my dear 220 days in a years * 1oo $ = 22 000$ years... live cheap live free !

"I like your attitude, in fact it is necessary

YES you can do it"

ahahah... where arn't in nike's world...

"5-10 cars are nothing however keep in mind its all about scalability in the future my lady, you could become
    my competition, I can't underestimate your growth"

1st 5-10 lots could be huge, depend on the time frame...

" I am sorry I am a programmer too so I am good at logic things "

perfect ! go back and never look back...

"have you ever asked yourself, would a successful trader EVER bother posting his statements on ET
    so that losers like you and me can see it "

admitting you are one is the fist step for growing...

"I frankly think it is amazing when successful trader bothers to actually post a response to you "

because you think they are different from you ? In a sense it's true...

#31     Aug 4, 2009
  2. A quick comment

First, I work in a commercial office. We operate in the financial markets on a daily basis. In fact I have drawn the short straw once again and have been monitoring the overnight markets so I have a moment to offer a comment before the US markets open.

Of the comments on this thread Mark (Nihabashi) is the one who seems to have a good grasp of what is important. I do have some additional ideas that the original poster may want to consider;

I think it IS necessary for the student to know what kind of trader they are working with, HOWEVER I have not heard anyone mention the most important issues as follows;

1. What type of approach (general terms) does the mentor/trader use
    2. What are the capital requirements to trade that approach
    3. What markets are traded (hours of operation)
    4. Does the mentor/trader obtain consistent success with relatively small drawdown or does he/she have a high volatility approach that requires enduring significant drawdown(stress).
    5. Is the mentor/trader a person of stable psychological makeup or is he/she relatively emotional (thus difficult to communicate with) during trading hours.
    6. Does the mentor have any experience or skill teaching?

7. I set this final element aside because again it is one of the most important issues for traders, you NO ONE mentions it

What happens when the mentor is "wrong" (on the wrong side of the market). How do they handle being wrong. How do the repair the situation. Do they have clearly definable steps that consistently work to neutralize or manage risk when things go wrong. STOP and think for a minute. The one thing that gives a trader most confidence in a mentor and in themselves is the ability to handle adversity in a professional manner. In my opinion the real skilled professional is the one who emphasizes this aspect early in the process.

The bottom line is, there has to be a good "fit" between the teacher and student, and the mentor's systematic approach has to fit the students temperment and available resources. Otherwise the result is wasted time, and money.

After reading this the person asking for help should realize that this is a big project....done correctly it will take time and persistence to find the right person to work with. It will cost significant money and even when you have done all the due diligence, you still have to accept that you may not have the "right stuff" for this business. Only you will know that after some undefined period of time.

I certainly wish the Original Poster all the luck in the world.

Stevesbg

#32     Aug 4, 2009
  3. dtmike

dtmike

Just an idea on compensation for the mentor: The mentor will get a percentage of the students profits for a set number of years. Even if the mentor is a great trader it doesn't guarantee that their student will be. However, with this type of arrangement they will have a vested interest in the success of the student. Just a thought. Now rip it shreads.

#33     Aug 4, 2009
  4. I like CL, ZB and FDAX.

Except for a handful of very skilled traders, ES is a sucker's bet.

#34     Aug 4, 2009
  5. Gender, determination, drive, previous companies and previous occupations have nothing to do with trading. It has nothing to do with comments or advice from other posters. It does not matter who agrees or disagrees with you.

The poster who said no one will give you an edge is likely to do so cheap or free is very accurate. Even people who get an edge from someone else will probably bomb sooner or later.

This is like training to become a neurosurgeon - expensive, very time consuming, lots of energy, except the chances for success with trading are far far less.

100% of the people expect to be in the 1% +/- that make it.

You want to see what happens, go to TimerTrac.com or Collective2.com - places that sell systems. You wil discover that everyone expects to achieve success. But I have yet to see confirmation of anyone who is TRULY successful. I estimate perhaps 1 out of 5,000 there or less has a chance at longterm, lucrative trading.

It is a hard truth, you will disagree, but within 6 months to a few years from now, then it will make sense.

#35     Aug 4, 2009
  6. Already floated a number of times on ET. Guru wannabes and paper traders may accept it. One of the very very few truly successful people would not have any interest in this, for a number of reasons. Again, these have already been posted.

#36     Aug 4, 2009
  7. I am done until the last hour of trading, and before leaving to stretch my legs I thought I would comment on this post by rolextrader.

Clearly since the liquidity provider program has been in effect the skills of the participants have scaled up significantly.

Now we see a lot of automated execution, and clearly the flash orders are making a difference that can be seen in the volume at key levels.

Unfortunately it is true that the ES contract is more difficult to trade than in previous days. Perhaps the best analogy for those familiar with baseball would be if a spectator at a game came out of the stands and tried to bat against a good pitcher (American league/National league doesn't matter). Stepping into the batter box, immediately the pitcher sees things that tell him where the balance of power lies. For instance, he sees immediately that the spectator doesn't have a comfortable stance, hasn't swung a bat very much, and looking at his eyes, he sees that the spectator isn't tracking his movements in a way that would allow him to see the delivery very well. "Seeing" this, he would probably just put his first pitch right down the pipe about chest high, and the spectator would probably either swing under it, or pass on the pitch. Either way he would now be concerned because he now knows the pitcher can deliver some heat. Now in addition to being uncomfortable he is afraid of being hit by a pitch. The pro pitcher knows this and watches as the spectator moves back in the box slightly, so he puts the next pitch on the outside corner and it doesn't make much difference whether the spectator swings or take the pitch because he has no chance. For all intents and purposes, the "at bat" is already over with, except the batter doesn't know it yet. If the batter is on the inboard side, the pitcher then throws a curve ball about shoulder high and watches as the spectator bails out of the box. At this point whether he swings or not, whether he makes contact or not is a matter of random chance. If the batter is on the outboard side, the pitcher simply hits the outside corner again and it's goodnight senorita........strike three.

The ES contract is quite similar, you enter at what you believe will be a good price, and you watch as the market goes flat and then moves against you, grinding away a tick here and a tick there until you are underwater 2 points. If you let it go that far, if you are retail you are gone, that is to say, the average retail trader gets shaken out if price goes against him about 2 points. Don't think so? disagree? watch the price action and measure the consolidations after a move. Notice that they are often 2 points. Notice further that price continues to oscillate back & forth luring traders in for what they think will be a multi-point move only to spike back on them and take them out.....It ain't pretty but it IS effective and it allows the big players to take your liquidity and then move price up or down to wherever they have to liquidate their own inventory.....Think you can beat it.....uh uh. not unless you have the capital to stay in through the swings and of course you need to be on the right side .....Personally I agree with Rolextrader and I wish you all the luck you need to make it work, whatever you decide.

Best to all
    Stevebg

#37     Aug 4, 2009
  8. Beezer-1

Beezer-1

Just wanted to say thanks, guys. For both the insights into the ES as well as suggested alternative markets to look into.

#38     Aug 4, 2009
  9. He chest pounding and ego hulkism continues from the phonys, deluded, and out right con men. How hard is it to show your statements??? Impossible cause you simply don't have them. There us no other reason despite all the posturing whining bitching and reasoning.

#39     Aug 4, 2009
  10. "Chkitout", stop your whining :)

#40     Aug 4, 2009