Professional Day Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by EMC2Trader, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Not being a prick here but you started the thread by copy pasting your book's reviews from Amazon...

EMC2Trader

11-10-10 07:03 PM

Available on Amazon

"Finished the book and if I never make a trade using this method, the information you present is great. Have never seen the market as clearly as I do now..."

"One thing I like about the book is that you start from the high timeframes and work your way down to the trade. Exactly the opposite of what most of us do..."

"Of all the systems/methods I have bought, and believe me there have been many, this is the most well thought out method I have seen. Your book really does teach a "way to trade" instead of just a set of rules to mimic..."

"What impresses me about the book is how you have combined one simple screen full of charts to consistently and effectively build a framework of dynamic context within which to assess unfolding market conditions..."

"My account is up well over 30% since I began trading futures with the E=MC2 method. Thanks again and again. The fund I manage is also able to control risk better using your methods and trading SPY..."

Best,
    Max

#31     Nov 20, 2010
  2. Also, as far as you shamelessly promoting your book or not, this is what you posted in a thread that was titled "Best books you've read on trading " :

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3008226#post3008226

EMC2Trader

11-11-10 03:28 AM

Without going overboard with shameless promotion, and having read many, many of the trading books out there over the years (the good and the bad), I will simply say I have outlined the way I actually trade the ES market in a new book called "Professional Day Trading and How to win.." (listed on Amazon) which among other things includes real trading examples/account statement verification, etc in an effort to show how "theory translates to actual trading results," so to speak, within realistic trading goals and expectations.

My goal was to write a book about trading from a "real traders point of view" that I have simply never seen presented in other books before, and so far I have received some very satisfying positive feedback to know that the material has been of use to others as well.

I would say if anyone is looking for a unique look into "one persons view of real trading," this is the type of book I have put together, and of course feel can be of use to other traders...

Best,
    Max

#32     Nov 20, 2010
  3. Of course I listed the the book to start the thread.

The name of the forum is EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES

The description of the thread is: "Talk about the resources available to traders such as books, videos, seminars, web sites, chat rooms, advisory services, etc......"

Therefore, I am talking about a "book educational resource available to traders......."

Although, I don't quite understand your point you are trying to make, thats ok....

#33     Nov 20, 2010
  4. By the way, that thread was for suggestions on best books for trading. If you had wanted, you could have started a seperate topic where you mention your book, not put it in subtly as what you did.

The point I am trying to make is that if you want to get your book noticed, do it frankly, be upfront and not by stealth posts.

Wish you the best.

Best,
    Max

#34     Nov 20, 2010
  5. Max,

I honestly wasnt trying to anything sleath because I listed the book ahead onf time, one time, in what looks like a book/education section, hence Im not trying to hide anything

And, as I continue this thread, Im actually trying to provide real information that can be of use with, or without the book.

I do understand your point, but I just feel that isn't the case here.

And yes, I answered one post as it related to books on trading. I am comfortable that was appropriate within these forums.

The posts I am making on this thread are real time, and ahead of time observations on the ES market.

I'll simply leave it to others to decide if they feel this is educational information that is of value to them, or not.

#35     Nov 20, 2010
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I'm sure you're not a scam, a spam, or a ham, right?

#36     Nov 20, 2010
  7. Haha....

I think it would be more appropriate if you said: trader, educator, and communicator....:)

But, like I said, I understand the skepticism in this industry.

I've experienced more of the negatives than I'd like to admit, and my goal was to go in a much different direction than what is currently out there in terms of presenting and explaining a trading approach that has evolved from all the good and bad I've experienced over time....

Perhaps there will be a segment of trader's that find that refreshing...

#37     Nov 20, 2010
  8. MON - 11-22-2010 - (OVERNIGHT - OPEN)

MACRO - This week starts with focus on the 1200-1050 daily bracket. A breakout above this bracket appears to have been rejected, and this will be confirmed if 1206 resistance holds, and a new swing low below 1171 takes place. This could mean an eventual move down to bracket lows near 1050 with 1120 first major pullback to swing support. ES price is in a very critical 1206-1193 area as it relates to the next big move up or down. A move that holds below 1193 would be the first sign price is working its way down to the 1171 area. The E=MC2 approach doesn't predict. It goes with unfolding flow with evolving expectations to place trade set ups in big picture context.

OPEN - Overnight price gaped higher to the key 1206 area and then turned lower moving all the way down in a straight line towards the 1193 area 1 1/2 hours before the open. We will watch to see if price bounces off 1193 by the time 8:30 rolls around. If price bounces strongly, then we start in chop and look for early E=MC2 trades that develop with volume ratio confirmation inside the 1206-1193 consolidation area, and take out cue on how to trade the rest of the day based on first move-first retrace analysis If price opens closer to 1193 (or even below) monitor early volume based setups for either fade the gap higher, or gap continuation lower. Lower = expectations to 1180 with 1187 first support. Higher = expectations back up to 1206, with 1200 first resistance.

• 1122.jpg
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:
    #38     Nov 22, 2010
  9. MON - 11-22-2010 - (DAY SESSION PART 1)

GAP/FIRST MOVE/FIRST RETRACE - ES gaps lower to key 1193 area and a nice fade the gap long trade develops back to the 1200 area during the first move of the day up. A normal retrace of the first move (above 1193) will keep the intra-day bias up to start, so look for the mechanical E=MC2 C3 sell condition to roll over and start a new up bias on the day expecting 1200 to be tested, with an eventual move to 1206 until proven otherwise.

If 1193 breaks to the down side during the first retrace of the day, then alignment takes place with mechanical downtrend. Look to E=MC2 sell setups in line with price moving to 1180 with 1187 first target/support.

#39     Nov 22, 2010
  10. siki13

siki13

I did understand the point , it was easy,why didnt you?
    Are you stupid?

#40     Nov 22, 2010