Profane-laced personal attacks on ET

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Mar 10, 2003.

1. exacta(fuckin)mundo!

hap, i also happen to appreciate (really!) forceful, compelling posts that don't resort to profanity. but sometimes i'd just rather say what the fuck i want, however the fuck i want to :D

#11     Mar 10, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Some people are grown-ups and some people aren't, and it has little to do with age. And many people don't understand the bounds of "free speech". And there's nothing you can do about either.

My Ignore list gets longer and longer and nothing is missed. Plus it makes reading the threads go much faster :p

--Db

#12     Mar 10, 2003
  3. What makes a word obscene? If I arrange 4 letters of the alphabet into the word FUCK, what about that bothers you? What is the direct link between reading the word FUCK and it being such a bad thing that it needs to be censored? Have you not read/heard the word FUCK before? Even if you do have a reason to be offended by it, aren't we grown up enough to handle it? This is a perfect example of old-fashioned thinking. Words are just words.

There isn't one thing someone could say on here that would offend me. If someone somehow did offend me, I can put them on ignore. Censorship is always bad.

FRuiTY FUCKING PeBBLe :D

#13     Mar 10, 2003
  4. So nice to see that you are still reading what I say Wild.

#14     Mar 10, 2003
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The burden is not solely on the moderators, but on the community, which includes us all. If you feel like a post is over the line, or violates our member agreement, then you should use the kill function to report it to a moderator. You can do this by clicking on the word "kill" at the bottom righthand side of the post you want to report.

In practically every single case where a post is reported by another user, something is done about it.

#15     Mar 10, 2003
  6. From now on, im a changed man.....we will use better, more politically correct language. The old TM would have said:

"Alice, go F--- yourself!"...but the new TM will say:

" Alice, please go pleasure yourself"

Instead of telling MSFE " You are full of shit"

I will refrain and say: " you may have pooh pooh impairing your judgement"

#16     Mar 10, 2003
  7. In practically every single case? How about if I report your post as offensive?

:p :p :D :D :D :p :p

#17     Mar 10, 2003
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

In that case, I would have to ban you for being abusive and annoying. :D

#18     Mar 10, 2003
  9. Always good to know the pecking order, isn't it?

#19     Mar 10, 2003
  10. As stated earlier, I have no problem with profanity being used as long as it isn't used in personal attacks. Lord knows I swear like a sailor sometimes after a stop-loss is hit.

Peace.:)

#20     Mar 10, 2003