Problems with Transact Today?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by wareco, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Yes I called couple of times. They have problem since morning around 10. am est. Fianally they said they do not know how long it will take time to fix it May be late tonite. I think they have lot of problems as someone said "same problmes but the different day".

What you think about Global or velocity to open account with them. I am scared to see if Global follow to the Refco's foot print. Both velocity and transact are very small firms. There total assets are less than $750,000 as per last filing.

#11     Feb 15, 2006
  2. Global is an IB for both Rosenthal Collins or Goldenberg Heymeyer(both very large firms).

As I understand it, if you sign up with Global, your funds sit in a segregated account with either RC or GH - not that there can't be a Refco-type problem with any broker (Refco was very large).

#12     Feb 15, 2006
  3. Taking down the servers was probably the best thing to do. Get the problem fixed, and bring it back online. A missed profit opportunity is better than losing money. I don't want to be in a trade and have the quotes freeze or get kicked off.

I've been with Transact for a couple of years. I rate them high, but the last few days have been trying. Of course, IB has had similar problems, so I guess you just have to expect it every so often.

#13     Feb 15, 2006
  4. saico

saico

I'm with Global for a couple months now and never had any trading issues. Their J-Trader platform, I use Ninja Trader as frontend, is rock solid and executions are within 1.5 seconds (should also depend on internet connection speed and location since I'm in Germany).
    When I had questions I emailed the support and got a reply within mostly 10 minutes. Funds are in a segregated account with Rosenthal Collins Group, a big player, not with Global. Never regreted to switch over. Trading thru the phone is available as well.

#14     Feb 15, 2006
  5. Just received email from Transact. System back up. I logged on, and no problems so far.

#15     Feb 15, 2006
  6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

This is the reason why I have two accounts!

NO problems today with PATS and Global Futures with Strategy Runner

#16     Feb 15, 2006
  7. wareco you make me laugh. transact is $3.40 r/t on es's 25% cheaper than most anyone else. how are they that much cheaper than anyone else without giving up something like realibility

#17     Feb 15, 2006
  8. I guess you haven't searched the IB sucks threads. Have you?

#18     Feb 15, 2006
  9. wareco -

You mentioned that you've been with them for a couple of years. Have they had any other periods where they had problems with their datafeed like they've had for the last week or so?

I'm wondering if this is a systemic problem that comes and goes, or a one time (albeit over several days) problem.

I've only been with them a couple months. I'm wondering if I should switch to another broker.

Thanks.

Sandy

#19     Feb 15, 2006
  10. Sandy, the last couple of days is VERY unusual for Transact. They are usually rock solid. If they weren't, I would have jumped already. You know, they all have problems with their platforms from time to time. Like I posted earlier, check the IB sucks threads. I started this thread because it was unusual for me to have a problem. So I was checking to see whether it was me, my ISP, or Transact. My assumption now is that things are fine, and I'll fire it up tomorrow and find out for sure.

#20     Feb 15, 2006