Problems with Thomas Lanzana's Black Box Pulse prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trada101, Aug 27, 2012.

1. pacman88

pacman88

i know this is somewhat of an old thread.

i am having the same issue with tom lanzana.

trada101, did you ever get your money back?

#21     Aug 1, 2013
  2. I'm curious too. Were these guys related to IBW?

#22     Aug 20, 2013
  3. igotcash

igotcash Guest

sad stories. I would try to picket in front of his establishment every day that you can. file civil lawsuits as well. maybe call a lawyer and try to get a class action lawsuit. and remember, he owes you interest on that money.

to all new traders, steer clear of all prop firms.

they are wolves in sheep clothing.

steer clear of all educational vendors.

find a free mentor, open up account with IB or tradestation, and get at it

#23     Aug 20, 2013
  4. igotcash, there are reputable firms out there. the reason the offshore ones are closing is because of regulatory reasons. Some returned capital before funds got frozen and others like IBW got the funds frozen. There are reputable U.S.-based firms. Stick to them.

#24     Aug 21, 2013
  5. is anyone still trading with thomas or were those accounts with ibw/bsi as well?

#25     Aug 25, 2013
  6. Hey guys GREAT news!!!!

I finally got my funds returned to me :)

Although Thomas never explained what the problem was, I suspect he ran into problems with firms he deals with.

I wish he could have returned it sooner but at least it has been returned.

I did hire a lawyer during this time but I never went through with filing a lawsuit or complaint with the SEC (although I was going to by the end of the year).

Anyway, I'm glad it's over.

#26     Oct 21, 2013
  7. JAZ999

JAZ999

Hi all... I realize this is a super old conversation stream and I doubt any of you are still active here, but I've run into a huge problem with Thomas Lanzana's Blackbox and have a substantial amount of money tied up in his company, and haven't been able to withdraw any of it for months. I'm going to be filing a lawsuit and going to the SEC but any background info you all could provide would be most helpful. Wish I found this thread a few years ago :/

#27     Apr 19, 2016
  8. what2do

what2do

I'm ditto on that JAZ999. Did you pursue that lawsuit or did he finally come around with your withdrawal loot? Are you still investing with him? Forex or Equity account?

#28     Feb 22, 2017
  9. JAZ999

JAZ999

Hey there... I am actively pursuing a lawsuit and have been unable to get my money. I'd love to chat and see if we may be able to join forces. What is your contact info?

#29     Feb 22, 2017
  10. Hello All - I am in the same predicament with Thomas Lanzana. He presented himself as Thomas Lanza however searches on the internet show he is known by several names. So is his wife. Thomas Buchanan is one of them. He has so many address too. When we last heard from him he was supposedly in Pawley's Island, South Carolina. I have filed a complaint with the SEC, local Securities Commissions in multiple states, I've also contacted local and federal law enforcement authorities. Newspapers and news stations are next on the list. Sad to say he took advantage of anyone. I am a retired (and disabled) Navy Veteran and he wiped my finances out completely. I still have another fight in me if you are joining forces? I will check back regularly.

#30     Mar 17, 2017