Problems with MyTrack/TrackData

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by steve46, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Once again it went out at about 10:05 MST. This is getting stupid, each time its been before a pretty good move.

#11     Mar 25, 2004
  2. Yes, thanks, that is what I am talking about. The interruptions in service make it impossible to do business. I really don't care whose fault it is. Unless I can use the vendor's product in a profitable way, what good is it? Best to All, Steve46

#12     Mar 25, 2004
  3. Yep, I totally agree.

#13     Mar 25, 2004
  4. lindq

lindq

I just received a message from MyTrack that the problem is CME.

#14     Mar 25, 2004
  5. I just received a "message from trackdata" telling me that CME is having problems with data. Isn't it interesting that they wait until now to do this. I assume they knew this long ago, since each time I contacted MyTrack to inquire they blamed it on the CME. Nevertheless they wait for more than a day to communicate with me. After I have already terminated the relationship. Thats what I call complacent. Best Regards, Steve46

#15     Mar 25, 2004
  6. What's the explanation of why IB and eSignal
    had good ES data and DTNIQ and MyTrack
    did not?

thanks,
    jd

#16     Mar 25, 2004
  7. there was a problem with CME today affecting various data vendors - the problem was on some of the CME servers and was intermittent. That is why some datafeeds were affected and others were not.

#17     Mar 25, 2004
  8. Thanks for the info. Now my question is why can't data vendors like Mytrack, DTN, Quote, and others do what Mr. Medved just did, but on a timely basis. Instead you get either no comment or a brief "suggestion" that it must be someone else's fault. Thats the reason businesses fail (in my opinion). Thanks again, Steve46

P.S. by the way, one of the indicators I use (Mytrack) is N.TD which is Dow30 ticks. All day long, and right now that indicator tells me that only (1) one Dow 30 stock has been bought or sold, period. This is what I am talking about when I say I can't do business this way.

#18     Mar 25, 2004
  9. Any idea how these various data vendors or the CME are going to address it?

#19     Mar 25, 2004
  10. As I said I heard something like software upgrades over the last weekend. I hope they already programmed the bugfixes and can implement these over coming weekend at latest.

#20     Mar 25, 2004