Problems with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jackstone54, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Hello,

I am having problems with IB. Today the token didnt work. When I finally got the token to work through several calls to customer service, half the day was over.

I then logged on to find that there was a trade that I thought I closed out yesterday on the AMEX, but it appears the trade was still open. The result was 1500 dollars in losses.

Does anyone have these issues?

2. GTC

GTC

You may want to check your Audit Trails to start with--though the Audit Trails do not capture all the transactions correctly because of its bugs. Then, check you execution summary, trade confirmations, daily statements, etc. What did the CSR say about it?

3. No, I don't use IB.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not so far.

5. the problem is their customer service blows. Issues happen everywhere it is how fast or slow the firm fixes it

6. Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed an intermittent problem in TWS when you right-click on a row and bring up the pop-up menu you can't see any sub-menus properly.

Example:

right-click on a row, move cursor to Trade and pop-up menu goes away.

Basically, when this happens you can't open up new positions, close existing positions or modify open orders. I have noticed this problem several times now and usually have to restart TWS before the sub pop-up menus work correctly. If anyone has experienced a similar problem I would appreciate any feedback on this as it is becoming a real pain. My first thought is it is a java issue. I am using the latest release of java. Is there an older version out there that might be better? Thanks.