Problems w L2 on T.S lately

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by catman, Oct 25, 2002.

1. catman

catman

I think you're right about AMEX. If the problems continue I'll also send an e-mail. The more of us that complain, will hopefully cause
    them to address these issues.

Good luck today

#21     Oct 29, 2002
  2. mktman

mktman

Probem persisted this morning.

Complained again with an e-mail to TW.

Software support rep called me 30 minutes later.
    Went thru a number of things.
    All fine here supposedly.
    No trouble on there end.

Strange though.
    No its working fine been no stoppage or freeze ups.
    Makes me wonder if they or I did have trouble and they fixed it.

Who knows.

mktman

#22     Oct 29, 2002
  3. ddog

ddog

"I'd also hate to quit TS just when the big upgrade FINALLY comes out."

Do you have any idea when this is going to be released (TradeStation7 I believe)? Also what are the big changes in it?

Thanks

#23     Oct 29, 2002
  4. About a year ago?

Seriously, last I heard, they were thinking end of this year or beginning of next, but who knows? At the very least I'd expected basic order entry improvements within months of TS6 first coming out.

The next version is supposed to have EVERYTHING and a bag of chips... We'll see... At this point, I'd be overjoyed if I could just figure out what the inside market really is on the stocks I'm trading...

#24     Oct 29, 2002
  5. These inside market problems are really infuriating me - it's every day, virtually every stock, Order Bar and L2 confusingly out of sync. It's also not clear to me how and if and when my own orders are being posted: I rarely see them posting to the L2 montage, even when they remain unfilled. It's also, to say the least, annoying and stressful to have to go after a bid or ask when you're not sure if it's really there, or how long it will take your own order to be processed. I've found myself placing 100-share orders just to find out whether something that is posted is really there, or to get an idea of which bid or ask is real.

And where are the nice TS reps who (used to?) cruise this site and drop in to give hints and offer help?

Am I the only one having this problem this much? If not, I am still the only one who's getting really tired of it?

#25     Oct 30, 2002
  6. catman

catman

No, you're not alone. Same problems. Fills were terrible. I have to believe the data was lagging. I sent an e-mail yesterday. I will send another.

Scott

#26     Oct 30, 2002
  7. mktman

mktman

I dont have this trouble.

#27     Oct 30, 2002
  8. You are referring to the OB vs L2 out-of-sync problem, bad fills/non-posting orders, or to what?

If you're NOT having problems with the Order Bar or L2, are you daytrading Nasdaq stocks? Are you using L2 in conjunction with the TS6 Order Bar? Are you watching closely? If the answers to this set of questions are all "yes":

Do you use Intelligent routing?

How many stocks at once do you track?

How many L2 windows do you keep open concurrently, on average?

What kind of ISP/connection do you have?

What operating system are you using?

Is there anything peculiar or unique about your set-up or system that you know of?

I'd be very interested in knowing the answers.

#28     Oct 30, 2002
  9. Today, this morning, I experienced very bursty data updates. Al quotes and T&S would freeze for a 10 seconds or so, and then suddenly I would get a burst of updates. Almost like the data was being buffered somewhere and then released in sporadic chunks. It could have been my ISP's network, but I had two other applications running just fine at the same time.

#29     Oct 30, 2002
  10. mktman

mktman

Have you contacted software support?

Had a problem with data freezing for 3 days.
    Posted to TW attention TS support.
    They called me 30 minutes later.
    No problems since.

Dont know if it was them or my ISP.

#30     Oct 30, 2002