Problems & Opportunity of life time ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by savagemp5, Jul 29, 2012.

1. I wonder if there's a function to stop stupid ppl like him into my thread. Or at least provide value add in people who wasted time to click and read here.

#11     Jul 31, 2012
  2. Sorry i wont even think about scamming ppl, I rather live a life not working 9-5, but at the same time choose to not work and sleep, even if markets move 5%.

#12     Jul 31, 2012
  3. omg as much as I didnt expected, the funds are about to flow in.

Now im like on my own. Trying to split up the large sum into Asia and US, with Asia at few of the nations.

Looking thru my 5-10 strats i wondered if I ever will touch the 12th million, or would I go crazy when the intra day NAV moving at around $100,000 to $200,000.

comments appreciated

#13     Aug 19, 2012

4. Smells like another bs self-fellating dreamer. You don't want a 9-5 job yet it appears you're set for working 24hrs making less than you would in a 9-5. What is your background? How long have you been trading?

#14     Aug 19, 2012
  5. You jealous ?

Its not abt 9-5. Like what ive said i very comfortable with my current job. Good money great work place, akin to Google. It might be worst if my compensation as a FM is strongly coupled with market performance compared to 9-5.

Why mention all that background and experience shit ? Wouldnt that give you another chance for you to quote me as more bs self-fellating dreamer ?

Hello im not dreaming. I've given up studying Finance in Uni so that I could now, hire all the wonderful jobless finance grads to work for me, under my discretion.

#15     Aug 19, 2012
  6. maler

maler

Make sure your investors and you are on the same page
    with regards to expectations and acceptable pain thresholds.
    Once you know what drawdowns and how long a drawdown
    they can withstand without pulling the plug, make sure your
    program stays well bellow that.
    Once you know what return makes them happy, make sure
    your program delivers well above that.
    Best would be to budget for surviving a worse and longer
    drawdown than anything you can expect, just on your own dime,
    without any investors. That way, investors will simply be
    passengers in the car you drive, and your head will be clear
    enough to make the right decisions.
    If they whine too much or tell you how to drive, you can
    always stop the car and let them get off.

#16     Aug 19, 2012
  7. etile

etile

lol, wonder what would happen if your limited partners knew you were posting on ET...

#17     Aug 19, 2012
  8. Good advice thanks. I had that same feedback from them. it seems like is going well...

They r eager to start, love what they saw in terms of realistic expectations, after he showed them my slides on my track record. The expectations is in sync.

#18     Aug 19, 2012
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you aren't sure or emotionally comfortable managing that size of money, you will have problems. 15MM is different from 150k and is also different from 150MM. Each order of magnitude is an adjustment and can be very costly if you don't already have a plan.

These comments don't really inspire confidence.

#19     Aug 19, 2012
  10. Well its ok, as long as i dun come here to ask for trading strategies (even if i did so and done it successfully, its also a strategy). I believe its also something new for him, hence we are exploring options.

btw he knows my capabilities, what I can and cannot do, and im upfront honest with him.

#20     Aug 19, 2012