Problems after looked at file on Oanda website!

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by cama, Feb 12, 2013.

1. cama

cama

I just spent over 3 hours fixing my computer after I did a Google search on "advantages benefits forex trading" and clicked on a link for an article that said it was on the Oanda website. This started to open what looked like a PDF file, then my McAfee alerted that it had removed three trojans, then a program called Disk Antivirus Professional started up, with constant popups. It shut down my ESignal trading session! Thank goodness I was not in the middle of a trade. And I could not access my McAfee at all, could not run a McAfee scan ... nothing. I also could not access my old Palm Desktop files (references in there about McAfee). What a pain! I rebooted, entered Safe Mode. There was an icon on the desktop in Safe Mode for "Disk Antivirus Professional," which I could not delete, but I dragged the icon to the Recycle Bin and then emptied the Recycle Bin. Then I ran a full scan that showed nothing. All that time I could not get the McAfee Real Time Scanning to stay on. However, after rebooting normally and downloading the newest McAfee update, everything now seems to be fine. I just wanted to warn others about what happened. It will be a cold day you know where before I ever set foot (or mouse LOL) on the Oanda website again.

2. Yawn...