problem with the IB java plug in

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by flapus, May 1, 2003.

1. flapus

flapus

Hi,
    I have installed the sun java plug in ( the most recent one), but when I have this option checked in my internet options - advanced, it is impossible to see other sites with java applets.
    For example I can't view this site properly when I have the sun java marked: http://www.forexcapital.com/charts.asp?wcw=google

when I uncheck the java plug in I can view this site perfectly but then again I can't log into my IB account...

I need the plug in to get to my IB account but I can't view any applets when the box is checked.

Anyone has the same problem and know how to solve it?

tnx in advance

2. gms

gms

I'm set up the same way as you, but I can see both. The problem may lie elsewhere.

3. Because of the Java software, I have trouble getting in other password protected sites. A java box pops up and asks me for my user id and password again. It's some sort of firewall password box???

When I uninstall Java, I don't have that problem. When it's installed, I do.

My solution was to have java one computer and keep the other Java free.

Does anyone have this problem. Or does anyone know what the "fix" is?

4. flapus

flapus

May I ask what is checked in your internet options-advanced?
    I have 4 things there related to java
    1 sun java
    3 MS JM

Normally I have the Sun and the top MS VM checked.
    But then I can't see other java applets
    I get a grey bar with the icon of the sun java (looks like a hot coffee) for a few minutes
    and then a red cross

I work with win XP pro

Hope someone can help me out on this.

5. I used to have the same pblm when I first used IB's TWS and loaded the Java applet.

Try unchecking the Use Java box. Leave the 3 MS VM boxes checked. Make sure you quit and restart IE. This fixed it for me on Win2000.

When I update the Java applet now there's a spot where it asks me to use Sun's Java. I say no. TWS still works and so does IE.

Give it a try..

6. Use TWS standalone version and use IE for your other sites.

7. raszorz

raszorz Guest

There is an option to disable Sun Java in Internet Explorer.