Problem with my IB webtrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hajimow, Jan 25, 2007.

1. hajimow

hajimow

I use IB Webtrader at work and occasionally when I want to edit my market watch list and add a stock , I see that the list gets reset and I see the default IB's original list there. Then I have to start over again and modify the list again and put my stock list. It is interesting that my option list in the option window stays intact. I don't know what causes this problem. Has anyone else had the same problem? I know that the list is PC dependent and I assume that the list is saved in a cookie or something but I can not figure out where. Somehow the file containing my stock list gets reset. I am puzzled and it become annoying. I would appreciate if an IB rep can help me on this.

2. ids

ids

Somebody or something is cleaning your cookie where WebTrader keeps the list. How often this is happening?

3. hajimow

hajimow

Not if I don't open the edit market watch window to try to add a stock to the list. It happend twice today. The interesting thing is that the option list does not get affected. I assume that they use the same cookie. It does not happen 100% of the time. Like 15% of the time and that is a lot.

4. hajimow

hajimow

I also know that it has nothing to to with IB software. There is something happening in my PC but I could not figure out what is wrong

5. ids

ids

Not sure if it can help but if you use Windows, the cookie is in
    Documents and Settings\user_name\Cookies
    Name is user_name@servlet[?].txt
    where user_name is your Windows user name.
    There is non-zero probability that some other Internet service that you use tries to create a cookie with the same name and kills IB cookie. It is a pure speculation though.

6. hajimow

hajimow

It should not be from cookie. I deleted my cookies and the option list also got cleaned. When that happens, only stock list that I am playing with gets initialized with the default list, the option list stays intact. Thanks for the help though. I know it is difficult to figure out what causes that.