Problem with iphone? Anyone has heard that?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Only it's only a PDA for teenagers, not professionals. So clearly you didn't think about it.:D

#31     Jun 11, 2007
  2. Nugget

Nugget

What is a pda for teenagers? Besides, thats even better for appl. Last I checked teenagers are way ahead of most adults in the tech sector.

#32     Jun 11, 2007
  3. That's a childish response. If you can't deduce what a PDA for teenagers is you probably have no need for a real PDA.

Tech and business are two different things you pinhead! :p

#33     Jun 12, 2007
  4. Iphone is not going to fail...regardless of how good the phone is, it is all about marketing. Apple knows how to make it a trend. One of the analysts in my firm said that he had never seen a product like this in his life. People all over the world are talking about it even though it still hasn't come out yet.

Think about it when Ipod first came out, i never thought it would be as hot as it was. There were thoudsands of Mp3 players in the market already before Ipod came out (I had a Samsung Mp3 player before Ipod even came out and in fact it is smaller and slimmer than the Ipod). However Steve Job is a smart guy, he knows how to differentiate his products from the market and make it to become a trend.

With the help of the Ipod, Apple has created its own image and nowadays all teens think that Apple's products are so "COOOL" and "TRENDY". It is all about BRAND LOYALTY!! Therefore i believe Iphone is going to sell like MAD even though there are thousands of phones better than it.

Also I do not think the pricing is ridiculously high. I don't know if you guys heard abt the NOKIA 8810. That phone came out like 2 yrs ago and barely has any functions and is still selling for $700+ on EBAY. I know that in Asian countries (like Japna, HK,...), it is common for people to spend $600-$700 on cell phones. There are demand all over the world for the Iphone. I think investing in the Iphone will give you a higher return than buying the CALL.......LOL......you can prob. sell it for ~$2000 on EBAY if you can get one within the first 2 months. (Remember this, they are not going to be out in Europe till the end of this year; asia till next year)There are demand all over the world..
    Iphone...BUY!BUY!BUY!

#34     Jun 12, 2007
  5. hajimow

hajimow

Wow what is happening in the last couple of days? It seems that it is part of pump and dump. How come they are selling a stock that is claimed to be worth of $160 at this price specially in an up day?
    Personally I believe we should see $100 in 2 weeks.
    No position jut just an interested observer.

#35     Jun 13, 2007
  6. Marin88

Marin88

this dump was really interesting, there is talk it might go as low as 95,

i'm still long for july.

#36     Jun 13, 2007
  7. It is probably profit taking since it rallied from $80+ to $130 in just 6 months (For a monster-cap stock, this is amazing)...and a lot of people still believe that Iphone is a joke - $500 with 2 years contract.
    If you guys look at CROX, GOOG, RIMM (those are the leaders) and they are all down today when the Dow up like 180pts. Some people are taking their money off the table given the concern of the high yield in the 10-year bond and all the important economic data that is coming up this week. We will have a clear picture once all those data come out.
    I believe AAPL will hit $160 this year.
    Many people think the Iphone is the driver but the real catalyst is the MAC. Apple is stealing market shares from DELL, HPQ, GTW quietly and the computer market is so huge that there are tons of room for APPLE to grow. I see Iphone as an component which will help Apple to sell more MAC and MAC is the driver that can take AAPL to $160. Based on valuation, just a 1% growth in MAC sales can simply bring AAPL to $110.

#37     Jun 14, 2007
  8. Any link to recent market statistics supporting your claim of Mac sale increase?

#38     Jun 14, 2007
  9. Nugget

Nugget

* With three separate models available, the Mac fell from the Top Five.
    * Apple has really turned around in the last year, doubling unit sales over their pre-Mac days.
    * More users are choosing Apple computers than all but two other brands.
    * The Mac market is growing significantly faster than the general PC market.

After removing the spin, I think you can come to your own conclusions.

#39     Jun 14, 2007
  10. Nothing wrong with iphone

#40     Jun 14, 2007