Problem with iphone? Anyone has heard that?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Dude, it has Apple on it, it has to be good. Who need anything else when you have Apple logo on it.

/sarcasm

The phone is $600 with 2 year contract. No replacement battery. Can't install any applications, well, not like there is any available. It doesn't offer anything that cannot be done with another smart phone. But Steve Jobs is the greatest marketer out there, he can talk anyone into buying anything plus charging them a premium over it too.

#11     Jun 8, 2007

2. Well....I've seen the commercials...and it looks pretty cool to me.

#12     Jun 8, 2007
  3. hajimow

hajimow

Who may want to rotate his cell phone while browsing internet?

#13     Jun 8, 2007
  4. The phone will sell profits will be made it is a nice phone in it own right but not my first choice as a handset. Short term stock play on Apple and long term on Rim.

Akuma

#14     Jun 10, 2007
  5. My prediction is the AAPL madness and iphone will eventually be a flop. Too much hype into it has inflated the PPS. I thought that at 100 so it will probably go to 150.:)

#15     Jun 10, 2007
  6. kjb3212

kjb3212

only thing i read was the battery life is 5hrs , not the usualy 8hrs for cell phones...but then again, this is more than a cell.

#16     Jun 10, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

2007 and they still cant build a phone with a battery life of at least 24 hours worth of talk time.

What is the sense of having a phone that can play music and video if the battery life is only 5 hours. Doenst make any sense to me. Anyone watching a movie on their phone is also pretty pathetic.

#17     Jun 10, 2007
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

All you guys that are bashing the I-Phone, what is the alternative? Certainly not the Nokia N80?

#18     Jun 11, 2007
  9. The same people that paid 1000.00 for the PS3's and Xbox 360's will be the same crowd that buys this I-phone. The I-phone will be to Apple what the PS3 was to Sony, but hopefully with a better success record.

#19     Jun 11, 2007
  10. ozzie123

ozzie123

It's always refreshing to read the iPhone (and Apple) sceptics. I'm glad I didn't listen to you when buying the stock at $115. Now look where it is now.

If the product is indeed a flop, then my trailing stop will trigger instantly. Big deal. My trade will still be a profit. We're here to make money, not to "guess" if a product is worth the buck or not.

Sheez, if you operate that way, maybe trading isn't for you.

#20     Jun 11, 2007