Problem with IB quotes, Frozen Previoud Day Close

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by shortie, Sep 22, 2010.

1. quotes for some stocks are messed up. for example, PBR shows a frozen closing price from yesterday where the "Last" price should be.

[​IMG]

as a consequence %change column is empty which is annoying. scanners are messed up as well when semi-frozen stocks are listed there.

2. I have had that happen to me before. It generally clears up sooner or later. Try logging off and logging back on.

Also for fun, go configure/order / order presets/stocks. "Expand" stocks and delete pbr from the history "tree". Then go enter pbr again and see if the quotes come thru.

3. I had this happen today with NEM, only the quotes worked fine for the first hour or so, then the last trade froze, bid-ask continued to work. Continued all day, no other stocks had the problem that I'm watching. I'll give your suggestion a try if it's still doing it tomorrow.

OldTrader

4. the problem went away by itself in the afternoon.

5. I had a similar problem last week: The "Last" field on certain symbols was not updating, although the bid and ask were.

This happened on two separate PCs, both running the same version of TWS. Both had the same problem.

The only way I found to solve it was to restart TWS, but many times the same symbols would continue to not update.

This happened on multiple days last week.

I contacted IB about it and they sent back an automated reply stating that "This was an issue that were were aware of and corrected shortly thereafter".

No problems today - fingers crossed..