Problem recovering my funds from Globus Trading LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderefe, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Did you try the address on the link I posted from Yelp.com?

#31     Oct 25, 2012
  2. I'd be contacting the CA versions of the FBI and Secret Service. I suspect only the threat of jail time is going to get your money back.

#32     Oct 25, 2012

3. I've got 3 different addresses from different people including yourself:

Globus Trading LLC
    166 Grenadier Cres,
    Thornhill, ON
    L4J 7V6

Phone: (905) 482-0454
    Phone: (905) 764-0780

Globus Trading LLC
    553 Basaltic Rd
    Concord, On
    L4K 4W8

Phone: 905-709-8788

Globus Trading LLC
    15 Wertheim Court, Suite #605
    Richmond Hill, ON/Toronto/GTA
    L4B 3H7

Wonder wich one is the current one if any

#33     Oct 25, 2012
  4. Contemplating contacting the anti fraud division of the RCMP soon, for whatever it's worth

#34     Oct 25, 2012
  5. LOL the secret service is not worried about someone's 15k trading deposit. the FBI deals with some shady business as well. I would go to a lawyer to locate and threaten personal lawsuit against the alleged owner/owners.

The CBOE carries info on the subgroups of the b/d firms as well. If they were a CBSX firm, you can find info regarding the broker/dealer.

What platform were you on?

#35     Oct 25, 2012
  6. Sterling

#36     Oct 25, 2012
  7. The newspaper idea sounds good. At least it will expose them for what they are. It would have to be a Toronto newspaper, the globe and mail or Toronto Sun.

Anyone know a reporter. If you can provide me with his contact info in case I decide to go this way, maybe they would be interested in printing this story.

#37     Oct 25, 2012
  8. As noted to future traders.

1) Go with a broker in your country. If it's register oversea, don't trade with them.

2) Make sure they are registered and not an LLC, and there is some over sight.

3) It's not worth saving a few cents on commission to go with a small company vs one that everyone has heard about.

4) Many of the major scam firms are already listed in ET, or you could post a question regarding your firm here BEFORE you send them money.

5) If you trade Forex and have a lot of money switch to currency futures since you will be protected by having your money in a segregated customer account.

6) If you are trading futures, make sure who is your clearing firm. The money that you have in futures is normally not with the broker but with the clearing firm. Make sure the firm is good and big. It's actually safer if the clearing firm is not the same as the broker. This way the broker does not actually control your money or have it is his bank account.

7) If you are trading futures or Forex, it is worth paying for a good front end software, and not use the broker's standard free software.

#38     Oct 26, 2012
  9. Here's a suggestion:

Try and locate where their LLC was filed. You may have to search a database of the division of corporations (or whatever equivalent) in the province they are registered. It will have an address. It could be their real address, a "shelter address" which is a generic address used by the filing firm, or an address of a law firm (if they used one to file their LLC).

Either way, you will be able to send them correspondence such as a demand letter for repayment.

Also, did you sign a contract when you sent your deposit? Usually, that will have the state (or in your case province) of where a dispute is to be resolved.

#39     Oct 26, 2012
  10. 7out

7out

The Grenadier Cres. is most likely their home address. Go scratch up their cars, that might wake them up ??? (I also live in Thornhill, but can't do that for you).

The Basaltic Rd address is where they used to be located, called them a few years ago. Never ended up visiting them but that was the business address then.

The Wertheim address is also about 10km from the other 2 address, however unless it is a very recent address of theirs I highly doubt they are there. Used to work at Wetheim address at swift a few years back and pretty sure no other prop/trading company was there other than swift.

*** Best advice, go to the Grenadier address first, bang on door, take picture of Russian and post here. If all else fails scratch their cars and throw a rock thru their window, probably won't get you your money back but will surely alleviate your tensions, LOL, GL ***

#40     Oct 26, 2012