Problem - Not losing now, but profit is happening too slowly

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lethn, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Lethn

Lethn

So I've started to actually not lose my money over the weeks and I mean genuinely not lose it. I am very slowly earning profit and getting back the money that went down the drain but the thing is it's all happening very slowly. Even when I enter on a good trade it takes a good few hours sometimes even more to gain a decent profit of something like $10 or $20 but when I enter a bad trade it can sometimes take an entire week for me to break even.

Does anyone have any genuine advice? Not trying to trick you into giving your system away like most questions seem to be about here but I'm beginning to wonder if there is something blatantly obvious that I'm missing.

2. Ever stop to think that maybe your rate of profitability is a sustainable and reasonable one?

It's much easier to lose money and as a result it's lost more quickly than it's made.

3. Most of the time the market is a "grind out". Occasionally, there are BIG opportunities... both on the upside and the risk side.

What you NEED to do is not get killed from your mistakes.. and make the most you can from the rest.

4. Right on!

5. Lethn

Lethn

I guess I should just stick with what I'm doing now then, I'm getting a profit and building a stash up but it's just taking longer than I'd like. Maybe I should wait until another recession comes round or something before I think about big money lulz :D

6. What are you trading?

7. Lethn

Lethn

USD/CHF