Problem not following my plan

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by opm8, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Cheese

Cheese

There is no 'calling it right and doing the opposite'. Call it 'panic'; call it 'don't know what the f**k I'm doing'; call it 'being a loser'.

Your trades failed. Period.
    Sounds that what you do has little reliability.

You can buy around the bottom of an upmove and sell around its top (eg YM). Thats research, knowledge, expertise and execution. Without most of that you don't get there.
    :)

#11     Aug 28, 2006
  2. opm8

opm8

How is buying the bottom of an up move "research, knowledge, expertise and execution?" I don't follow what you're saying.

#12     Aug 28, 2006
  3. Well, it looks to me as though you don't have any confidence in your system rules...

I suggest you stop trading until you find a set of rules that you have some confidence in....

#13     Aug 28, 2006
  4. opm8

opm8

Yes, there's truth to that. Maybe because my trading history has up to now been sub-par, regardless of which methodology I've followed.

#14     Aug 28, 2006
  5. I wonder if you have trouble following ANY plan. Do you follow plans that have nothing to do with trading?

#15     Aug 29, 2006
  6. Yes, this happens to folks who do not develop their own system but instead adopt or add to another trader's system...for this to work for you, you need to develop some authority that you can have faith in....either your own...or someone elses. Its just my opinion, but some traders cannot trade unless they have absolute faith in their system..I am not talking about "infallibility", but a certain knowledge that comes from extensive research that allows you to anticipate all the bumps in the road...The final piece of the puzzle is that your system has to perform....If you start badly or worse your system doesn't perform, then it is virtually impossible to make it work in the long run...That is why your best efforts have to come during the test process...Been there and the T-shirt is folded nicely in my chest of drawers. :cool:

#16     Aug 29, 2006