Probable IB TWS Bug

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Lucrum, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Version 864.6 Nov 2, 2006.

Trying to create a new "Hot Key," when I press the "OK" or "Apply" buttons the screen jumps from the Hot Key page to an individual page and asks for a page name. So far I can find no way to get around this and subsequently no way to make changes to or add hot keys.

And for those who might wonder why, given IB's history of bugs in new releases, anyone in their right mind would update so soon. I'm using Ensign which has an auto logon feature, after the midnight IB logoff, that will only work (as far as I know) with the latest version. This is because of the message that pops up telling the IB user there is a newer version of TWS available gets in the way of the password entry.

2. LOL.

Howard could fix that so easily and let you stay happily well behind the bleeding edge. My autostart assumes the condition and closes the box in such a way that if the condition isnt present then no harm is done.

EnterUserNameAndPassword:
    Sleep,300
    WinActivate,Login
    Sleep,300
    Send,!{TAB}
    Send,{SPACE}
    Send,{BACKSPACE}
    WinActivate,Login
    Sleep,100

3. You could also look through the file "url.properties" that contains ALL of the url's that TWS uses to communicate with IB. There is at least one that you could block if you never want to see that annoying reminder again :)

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I sure wish you'd have a talk with him about that.

In the meantime, for us programming challenged types, where would those lines of instructions go? I mean is that something I could copy?

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

With my luck I'll block the wrong one and my whole freakin system will crash and burn.

But if I was feeling adventuresome what folders would I look for those in?

6. I used to support a bit of software that did it but stopped because Sierra Chart incorporated it into their login.

Their are some TWS Login programs out there that do it. Easiest would be to ask H to fix it ... show him the script ... it really would be trivial for him.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm going to send them an email right now.

8. Speaking of the latest version, what happend to the gtc day and "time options" on the order ticket ? Can't get them to appear. The are not showing under the tif tab.

9. I don't think this is true. I think Ensign will auto log on with any version. But if what you're saying is that you get the pop up message telling you there is a newer version of TWS, you could just close out the popup, and sign in manually couldn't you? I do it all the time.

In other words, if you're totally against the latest TWS version, you don't have to download it. At worst, you just have to manually sign in.

OldTrader

10. zdreg

zdreg

don't they beta test before bringing out a new version?
    who is h?

#10     Nov 6, 2006