Probability questions

Discussion in 'Trading' started by knowledgebone, Dec 8, 2003.

1. pspr

pspr

Walther gets too upset. He scares me. He might find out where we live and go postal some day! :confused:

#21     Dec 8, 2003
  2. First he'll need to scrape up the money for a plane ticket.

That may be why he's trying to sell his "system for suckers".

#22     Dec 8, 2003
  3. Please keep this thread on topic...

Thanks.

#23     Dec 8, 2003
  4. They already know what your educational background and work experience is. If they weren't seriously interested in you they wouldn't call you in for an interview. They already have a good idea what your "book smarts" are by your application.

The sad truth is if you don't already know some probability the chances of you actually learning enough between now and Friday, to answer a question on the spot, are basically nil.

The interviewer might just ask you an impossible question to see how you react to it.

#24     Dec 8, 2003
  5. okwon

okwon

I interviewed recently with another options market making firm similar to Susq. They asked me some basic probability questions orally during the interview. The questions were definitely pretty basic. I never took a stat course and really don't have any background in the subject. I just did some rough calculations/educated guessing in my head and got them all right. If it is at all similar and you have taken a basic stat class you should be fine. At least they warned you ahead of time. Most places don't tell you you are going to be tested at all.

#25     Dec 8, 2003
  6. #26     Dec 8, 2003
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

#27     Dec 9, 2003