ProActive Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tradeplay, May 1, 2003.

1. Any info or experiences with ProActive Trading on Long Island, N.Y. would be appreciated; trading platforms, fees, capital contribution, etc. Thanks.

2. I heard they were going out of business. They are being bought out by Shill Securities, LLC.

3. Did they operate under another name in the past? Their Hauppauge location is fairly new.

4. I think their name might have been Stratton Oakmont before.

5. I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, Stratton Oakmont was a brokerage outfit, not a trading firm.

6. You are right, I am incorrect. Oh, I remember it now, ProActive used to operate as A.B. Watley.

7. OK, thanks. Any recommendations for trading firms in Suffolk besides Worldco or Bright?

8. Firms that pay to advertise could be a good start. Also, I am a retail account holder, and, as such, I really could not recommend one pro firm over another.

9. Thanks again. I've traded at other firms and was hoping to trade closer to home.

10. reg

reg

... which means you basically don't know what you are talking about but still insists on posting false info. LMAO
    Proactive is a decent firm. Their retail side is Great Eastern Securities and their prop side is in partnership with Generic Trading. Give the manager a call and he will be happy to talk with you and answer all your questions.
    And no, they are NOT going out of business.

#10     May 1, 2003