Pro Trader question --STRESS

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NY_HOOD, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Stress will do it as will diuretics.

The interesting question (other than how to reduce the stress) might be: should you use this as a signal to exit your current position?

#11     Aug 26, 2007
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

thats a great question. as much as i live to trade it seems to be taking its toll on my health. anyone else know anyone or has health issues due to the stress of trading?

#12     Aug 26, 2007
  3. 2006

You want to get rid of the stress. Start making consistent money.

The more you make the less stress you will have.

#13     Aug 26, 2007
  4. Stress went down dramatically once I developed a consistent trading system where I started making money almost every trading day.

I may not be hitting home runs every day, but I am making money consistently with very little stress nowadays.

#14     Aug 26, 2007
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

you guys are 100% correct. its about consistency. believe it or not i am pretty consistent at making money. the stress part comes about when i am down about a grand and have to make a comeback.i may make the comecack and break even but my nerves are shot. then the next day i will have a "trader hangover" and probably stress about the previous days near miss and niot make anything and worry about paying the bills. i have significantly altered my style as to not let myself take any big hits and it does help quite a bit. i am up only 160 today but thats all the market will give me. i played a bunch of things in and out but made a nice hit on HOC.

#15     Aug 27, 2007
  6. If you are insulin resistant, but not fully type 2 diabetic you might go thru two operating modes for your body.

Mode 1, high insulin level, storing glycogen in muscles and liver. Usually for 2 days or so after a high carb day. Water is stored with the glycogen, a lot of it.

Mode 2, low insulin level, dumping water that was used to store glycogen. Usually after a day or two below 70 or so grams a day of carbs.

Do you have a high BMI? Did you dump water after a day or so of low carbs?

I'm no doc, and sure don't want to practice medicine w/out a license... but I know folks who's fasting glucose was spot on for 30 years, and then were given a glucose challenge test, and were immediately classified Type 2 diabetic.

Then again it could be stress...

#16     Aug 27, 2007