Pro NY trader goes from 200k salary down to 25k

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by joemiami, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Family loves Philly, but it's closer to 2H. He leaves the house at 4:30am and gets home 12H later. $1k a month for the Amtrak alone, but he makes North of $500k in a bad year.

#31     Jun 3, 2009
  2. He must have the patience of a Buddhist monk.

I don't think I could sit on a train 4 hours a day. I get angry when I hit two consecutive red lights. :)

#32     Jun 3, 2009
  3. You're the Naive one!

Why not? I've been a crude trader (from home) since oil plunged from $30 to $9.95 around 1983-84.

The only thing that changed is the margin used to be $1000/C

Maybe you too could ride 20C in 2003 to $101 instead of wasting your time posting so many thousand times in the last 2 years. What's that all about?

And let's not forget the steep drop back below $100...

Wise up!

#33     Jun 3, 2009
  4. Twit, he's a FLOOR BROKER.

#34     Jun 3, 2009
  5. Who's the twit? I'll give you a BASIC example even you will probably get...

Crude Oil (on a weekly chart) made a triple bottom (a basic buy signal, for people as dense as you) at $34-$35 each time. So, if you bought @ $40 if conservatively trading, you were up +$30/C as of yesterday.

If he was being paid $200K/yr. he must have had rudementary skills- enough to identify such a simple, basic pattern. I'll do the math for you, TWIT... 7C=$200k in less than a year. Oh gee, he gets to stay home with his kids, like I did, and make money too.

Now go away and don't talk about things you have no knowledge of.

#35     Jun 3, 2009
  6. lol

#36     Jun 3, 2009

7. Retard,

He's executing customer orders; an "automatic" of sorts. His job entailed filling paper not taking prop-risk, and not to make judgments on S/R, moving averages, etc...

Apparently you believe you can fill customer flow from your den?

#37     Jun 3, 2009
  8. Exactly.
    :D

Here we are 7 pages into this thread and there are people from ET that still do not understand ( nor are they able to comprehend ) the difference between a floor BROKER and a floor TRADER.

What a joke this place is.

#38     Jun 3, 2009
  9. cstfx

cstfx

His job was the financial equivalent of "You want fries with that?" Nothing but an order taker

#39     Jun 3, 2009
  10. Maybe he can start posting YouTube videos like Michael "Oscar" Carboni and then start his own brokerage (preferably in his garage or spare bedroom) charging $50/round turn:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAltAqt1JN0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAltAqt1JN0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He'll be back to enjoying in the good life in no time :).

#40     Jun 3, 2009