Pro Money Manager Question...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Breakout, Jul 15, 2002.

1. So all of her $ allocated to debt securities is in 2 junk bond funds? This is one aggressive grandma.

#11     Jul 15, 2002
  2. More like one aggressive granddaughter. My grandmother doesn't know what a bond is, much less a junk bond.

#12     Jul 15, 2002

3. Thanks vhehn...that's pretty much what I've been telling her...
    the damage has pretty much been done.

#13     Jul 15, 2002
  4. Babak

Babak

I mean no offense, but you shouldn't be calling your sister "a pro money manager". That is an incredibly aggressive portfolio for someone 91!

When building a portfolio take into consideration [1] person's time frame (when they will need the money) [2] person't goals for the money (what they want to do with the money) [3] the person's risk tolerance

I can't be persuaded that your grandmother would choose [1] long time frame and [3] long time frame (10-15 years). (I have no idea what her answer to [2] would be.) But the portfolio is structured exactly towards those sort of answers.

Also, please introduce the concept of a stop loss to your sister. Have you taken a look at ELCO and ERICY's charts?!?? Helloooo!?!

I hereby sentence her to a thousand lashes with a semi-wet noodle for her crimes against a portfolio.

#14     Jul 15, 2002
  5. Lavish

Lavish

Maybe granny isn't telling you the entire story. It seems the person managing her finances is managing her own future inheritance. You should ask HER what is going on. Maybe granny got into trouble with the IRS and needs the loss to carry-back and offset some stiff penalties??? Or, perhaps Granny gets the final say in all transactions in which case the manager should bear NO responsibility because of the obligation to follow the directions of the owner. People, including elderly people, can be quite difficult and even contrary. There are so many possibilities that you should consult the person managing the money. IMHO

#15     Jul 15, 2002
  6. specul8tor

specul8tor Guest

I charge by the hour!

#16     Jul 15, 2002

7. No offense taken...I appreciate you're input.

I appreciate everybodys input.

Have a great day!

#17     Jul 15, 2002
  8. Why the hell was a 91 year old woman holding INTC and CSCO in the first place?

Secondly, why the hell is she still holding them years later?

This is why analysts and brokers are going to jail...

#18     Jul 15, 2002
  9. I wish they were going to jail...

#19     Jul 15, 2002