Pro life nonsense will defeat republican presidential candidate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hombre, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Just curious, but how long has to pass before the current administration owns the decisions in this economical down turn?

Or will it always be Bush's fault?

#41     Jun 22, 2011
  2. bone

bone

Our country cannot afford another Bush, and our country cannot afford another Obama, and our country cannot afford to keep spending money it does not have.

#42     Jun 22, 2011
  3. If a madman cuts your leg off, the madman will always own the problem. Obama has done much more to help the economy than the republicans have. The right has done nothing and has proposed nothing. If they have an idea then lets hear it. What was the alternative to the increase in government spending? Say instead of the increase in spending we decreased spending and the unemployment rate jumps a few more percentage. Say we didn't bail out GM and there's another few million workers out of work. There is no painless solution, if we are going to save jobs it's going to cost government money, if we are going to cut government spending in a recession it's going to cost jobs.

#43     Jun 22, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

And that is the fundamental difference. It is not that the republicans don't have ideas, they do. It's that their ideas will only work for one economic class, they will not work for the bulk of Americans.

#44     Jun 22, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

OR another Obama.

#45     Jun 22, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Your analogy about a cut off leg is flawed on so many levels I don't know where to start. The economy is a fluid system, not something that is destroyed or created. Decisions made every day can impact what happens. Yes, the Bush administration handed a damaged economy to Obama. But Obama has made horrendous decisions along the way and compounded the issue further. Only the blind would not be able to see that.

Carter handed Reagan a disaster too, but Reagan turned it around. He didn't sit there weeping "boo hoo, it's not my fault." The buck stops in the highest office in the land. It's Obama's economy now. And he's failing in spades.

#46     Jun 22, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Agreed

#47     Jun 22, 2011
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If you mean that cutting taxes and spending would help only middle to upper class, then you're right. But why is that? Is it because the middle and upper classes are the only ones who pay taxes in the first place? And maybe that the lower classes are the only ones who benefit from all of the entitlement programs?

Who creates the jobs, eh? Oh yeah, you want government to do that.

#48     Jun 22, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

I create jobs, and I don't need my taxes lowered to do that. I need my customers to have more money. But lowering their taxes isn't going to help because they, as you say, don't pay any.

#49     Jun 22, 2011
  10. Carter didn't leave Reagan 2 wars,a housing and financial collapse and a trillion dollar deficit along with a bad economy

#50     Jun 22, 2011