Pro Golfer: Why Work with a 63% Tax Rate ?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bone, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Work is soooo second millenium. WIN == Work Is Nonprofit. Everybody needs to learn that.

#31     Jan 21, 2013
  2. jem

jem

He lives in rancho sante fe. his home is for sale for a little over 7 million.

I have never met him. Although everyone else I know seems to have met him and says he is a nice guy. Just a few days ago one of the juniors on the range said he had played a round of golf with him.

#32     Jan 21, 2013
  3. To answer the question posed in the headline: you work because it gives you self-worth and dignity. If you can exercise your talents and get paid for it, all the better. If you can have the time of your life doing it - like Mr. Mickelson - you are one of a fortunate few.

I don't think anyone gets to his level by just focusing on the money. He's a competitor. He plays golf because it's his passion.

It sounds like Mr. Mickelson should retire and let the spotlight fall on someone else. There are plenty of talented golfers on the tour who will be willing to step up.

-lf

#33     Jan 21, 2013
  4. Thanks for injecting your brand of political correctness into yet another thread.

#34     Jan 21, 2013

5. Wow very well written

#35     Jan 21, 2013
  6. I think I finally understand what in the minds of many a true Liberal is: it's the embodiment of laws and regulation in contemporary society.

Demonizing the Liberal won't abolish the Liberal, it will only introduce an alternatative nomenclature.

#36     Jan 22, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

"lessor" fool?

#37     Jan 22, 2013
  8. The liberal will never admit that he/she is a liberal. It starts there and grows into an endless supply of hypocricies and contradictions.

#38     Jan 22, 2013
  9. jem

jem

I would like to know why liberals believe it is right to allow govt to help themselves to earnings.

I beginning to think the only safe income tax is zero.

#39     Jan 22, 2013
  10. You cannot say that 100%.
    I cannot stand this liberal regime, howveer it's very important to realize, that without a flow of $ going from the rich to poor, the gap between the rich and the poor will magnify. Of course we aren't even near that point.

#40     Jan 22, 2013