pro futures firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Sanity, Jan 25, 2003.

1. They trade the firms capital. It is offered only to traders with a good equity trading track record.

#31     Jan 28, 2003
  2. daxman

daxman

since I was just out there looking myself heres a few you should look up- which I think was the original question

goldenberg hehmeyer (good training program)
    transmarket
    rosenthal collins(more bond oriented but prop nonetheless)
    schonefeld claimed they had some prop futures biz, but sounds like thats where you came from
    pioneer futures
    MBF

everyone else is right- majority of prop offices for futures can still be found in Chicago and London
    just wait, there will be more in NY soon

good luck

#32     Jan 28, 2003

3. The bid is only 2 cents lower at worst on the SPY. Where'd you get 7.5 cents from?

The B/A on the MINI is always 2.5 cents.

First I'm hearing that the cash leads the Futures on a regular basis. I'd like to see some proof of that or at least a theory. Sounds bogus, but I'm listening.

#33     Jan 29, 2003
  4. Stock777,

I put a disclaimer in my comment about 7.5 cents. read the post! I have never traded the SPY. Like I wrote, I think I got that right. He must have said 2.5 cents. I can only tell you that a SPY trader just signed up in my room and gave me that story.

I'll say it again and if you don't believe it go the CME floor and watch the guys around the pit that look up at the Fast Cash board. Nothing bogus about it. A lot of traders make money using this model. I watch a Prop group in my office use it every day and they are extremely effective. They get the DDE link from both Telerate and Bloomberg. No doubts about it!

Riskless

#34     Jan 29, 2003
  5. #35     Jan 29, 2003
  6. It has been my experience that prop firms want kids just out of college so that they can teach them how trade in and out of the market 20 times a day. If you have been a trader out on your own for a few years, with your own methods of trading, they're ( the prop shops) not interested.
    :confused:

#36     Feb 3, 2003