Pro Firm Threats ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by candletrader404, Aug 25, 2002.

1. I agree with the "playing nice" part of the above post....and I really wish more traders and firms would embrace that philosophy....

"Peace and Love'....

Don :)

#21     Aug 26, 2002
  2. rockyourworld.
    I agree with most of your comments above. I do wish to comment that the same holds true for the firm. If they play nice by releasing monies and U-5's in a timely manner and move on then the firm and trader should have no reason at all to air dirty laundry in an open forum.
    For every action there is always a reaction.

#22     Aug 26, 2002
  3. Isn't this the flip side of this coin - a firm does whatever they want to a LLC member/trader (including illegally or in breach of contract), and there is no recourse for the trader.

If you don't like it, tough, we can out spend you on a legal case, and by the way, don't say anything about us on a message board (even if it's true), we will bury you.

Ever seen "The Insider"?

#23     Aug 26, 2002
  4. hedgez

hedgez

now this sounds like a threat!

#24     Aug 26, 2002
  5. Beer Man

Beer Man

are made by people who are fearful of losing good people
    the fact is rates are going down down down.....and we have no loyaly to firms because they dont deserve any......we will all be paying .005 or less a year from now....and the firm owners can stick it up their back sides

#25     Aug 26, 2002
  6. 2points

2points

Beer man brings up a good point...These firms that threaten their traders are fearful of losing their bread and butter. They are also fearful of their reputation and how they look to all of us in the business and those looking for a solid firm to work for.

Also, "Rock your world" brings up a good point that these sleezy firms will look to sue you if you use your "freedom of speech" right because they don't want to be exposed on a forum like Elite Trader. Don't worry "Rock your world" this business is small and word of mouth travels faster than the internet. But, thanks for the advice.

#26     Aug 26, 2002
  7. Beer Man

Beer Man

tell the greedy bastard to go choke his chicken

#27     Aug 26, 2002
  8. sempai

sempai

Boy, am I glad I didn't join a prop firm! I was looking into signing up with a local firm a while back, but didn't feel too comfortable with the whole thing. I tried reading the contract, and couldn't understand it - if you need to hire a lawyer just to understand the basics of what it's saying, something's wrong.

I trade the e-minis anyway, and felt it would be too tough to switch back over to trading stocks again.

That was before I found ET and started reading all the threads about prop firms. I'm still struggling, but I don't think I'd be any better off if I signed up...just angry and disillusioned. Whew!:)

#28     Aug 26, 2002
  9. Turlo

Turlo

The prop. firms that operate like this are in the minority. I would not group all prop. firms together. Believe it or not there are some good operations out there. But like any thing few bad apples ruin the flavor of the punch...........:cool:

#29     Aug 26, 2002
  10. I would not post anything more, "RockYourWorld" has carefully placed his own threat out there.

#30     Aug 26, 2002