Pro Data Vendors: Activ, Interactive Data, Reuters, Thomson, etc.

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Euler, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Euler

Euler

I am seeking consolidated feeds for various North American categories (US equities, options, all futures). I'd like to suck down all the data from these feeds, all the time, rather than subsets of one or more symbols. Does anyone here have experience with this, and if so, can they let us know whom they used and how it worked out?

Ideally, I'd like to get a socket connection to some server over Yipes/Radianz/GC/XO/the Internet/whatever that spits out 10's-100's of megabits of FAST protocol data. However, it seems to me that only the exchanges are using FAST to disseminate data at this time, and that the consolidated feed vendors force one to go through proprietary and highly complex APIs; which I may be forced to accept, but I'd still like to keep it as simple as possible.

I'd certainly be grateful for any comments/advice on these issues.

2. Euler

Euler

Thanks a lot for the tip, UDon'tKnowMe; I'll definitely explore Spryware more closely.

I know that some others on this board have had Activ, but I don't think I've heard of anyone using either Interactive Data or Reuters. Have any individuals used either of these? And can anyone report success/satisfaction with using Activ to get full consolidated feeds?

3. You can also check www.quanthouse.com low latency feed. The feed is also intergated in the algo trading platform...

Regards,
    Anton

4. Euler

Euler