Private messages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rs7, Jul 26, 2002.

1. rs7

rs7

I know this is probably the wrong forum. But I don't know which is the right one.
    If I send someone a PM and their mailbox is full, do they ever get it? Or does it just disappear? I wrote a long one to someone and got the "mailbox full" message. Now what I wrote is not in the "sent" box or anywhere else. Is it gone forever?

BTW...Don, your mailbox is full:)

2. I'll clean it up again...gee, twice in one day...

Don

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If you don't have a copy in your sent folder, then it's gone for good.

4. rs7

rs7

OK, thanks Baron!

5. Babak

Babak

Baron, as a follow up to rs7's question, could you implement a way to communicate to a member that their mail box is full and someone attempted to send them a pm? We have multiple instances of people posting on the board so that a particular member erases some of their pm's inorder to receive a new one. Thanks.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, I'll work on that this week.

7. Bsulli

Bsulli

Baron is it possible to set our inbox to only recieve messages from members of my buddy list? If it's there I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Bsulli

8. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

Right when you get ready to send the message just highlight the whole thing and hit "ctrl + c". Then if the box is full at least you have the message saved so you don't have to re-type the whole thing.

9. Barron did you ever get a chance to work on the above. Lot of full mailboxes of members it seems and I am not sure some of them know.

If you have sent a lot of messages, it saves them and if you are at 150 your mailbox is full and you may not be aware of it.

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The PM notification feature is now up. From now on, when a user logs in to see his private messages, there will be a bar at the top which will indicate how full that user's PM box is. That should fix the problem.

#10     Sep 12, 2002