Private jets

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cashmoney69, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Any of the few "Elite" traders here fly private?. Every year I fly to

California and I'm getting tired of the 6+hr flights, airports,

delays, annoying passengers, shitty airline seats, etc.. I'm

beginning to think the cost of flying on a private jet just might be

worth it. Anyone want to share their experience?. What are

some good companies on the east coast?

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

You may have already checked but if you haven't be prepared for sticker shock.
    Even a light jet will cost you $2,000+ per flight hour and if you have the plane wait to bring you back another $500 - $1,500 per day or more is common. If it doesn't layover with you then in most cases you'll also pay to have the plane "dead head" back home and back to pick you up. Meaning you'll pay for 4 flights not just the two your actually on board. There are some exceptions to this general rule.

Another thing to consider is that part 135 charter operators have one of if not the highest accident rates in general aviation. Despite being the most heavily regulated and monitored by the FAA. The main reason is that companies that do nothing but charter operate on razor thin profit margins and some will cut corners on maintenance, pilots or both.
    There are quality operators, I'm just saying you don't necessarily want to go with the cheapest one you can find.

A plane that is operated only part time for charter is somewhat more likely to be well maintained and crewed by quality pilots, although even that's not a guarantee.

I don't have any first hand knowledge or experience with any firms out side of the Atlanta area. So I couldn't make any specific recommendations.

3. This is the one I use...http://www.sentient.com/:cool:

4. i looked into this a while back. there are companies that will let you purchase lease credits.

to fly NY to LA non-stop, you will need to lease one of the larger jets like a gulfstream 400 because the smaller ones don't have enough range. figure a round trip will cost $100,000. that is the same whether one person flies or 12 people fly.

it's much cheaper to fly first-class.

5. one other thing. if you lease a private jet, you won't have to worry about annoying passengers, but you still have to deal with security lines and certain delays (weather-related or due to airport traffic congestion).

6. Tums

Tums

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not at any domestic US airport that I know of.